Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi,
its still gorgeous im going this year for the 9th year running, how long are you staying for?
the food is even better now than ever before, still under the same ownership.
im going for a week on 21st June cant wait. My partner Hugh has never been and if he like it we will return at the end of summer for a week. nice to here the food is better. do they still do a Gala night?
whats the night life like there now? im not sure how much cash to take with me. i will be getting Fags and will be gonig to Port Adventura and Barcelona. apart form that i will be relaxing. me and Hugh enjoy dining out so we will probs go out a few nights to cambrillis as i have read they have some nice 4* food places (35 Euros PP) :D
yes they have two gala nights a week in high season,
tickets to p aventura are around 20-25 pounds spending is up to you im taking 50 to spend their for the day as i buy things like ride photos, and bits and bobs that fill my drawers for years.
Nightlife in salou is quite good also evening trips are available (medieval nights) things like that.
Im also doing Barca, im taking 200 their for the day and a credit card, but thats cause i love shopping.
I dont really eat out when staying at this hotel as the food is that nice.
im not going till 2nd july!! thats too far to wait!
Medi Evel Night? please toell me more.
i can't wait to go as i know form that last time i was there it was brill.
can i also ask how much fags cost? if you know any prices? i will be getting Silk cut for me and Hugh smokes Royals or B&H.
im glad you asked how the hotel was, i go the 18th and im so excited and now i know what hotels like im even more excited!!!! :D
Hi Diddle, so your off in a week. i come over on the tuesday, cant wait either. how may of you are going?
i going with my family so there will be six of us. if its nice ill try to go again with boyfriend!!! cant wait to go to barcelona!!
barcelona is gorge, great shops, no... seriously GREAT shops.
well last time i went was two years ago and there was a medievel night, with jousting and all that.
but hotel is gorge!!!
how long are you going for diddle?
i go 2nd july, for two weeks, and i cant wait!!
their is a discussion on this forum, subject is ciggerettes, their is a web link on that post where their are fag prices chick!!
i go for two weeks so ill be flying back when you depart!!
Hi was just reading your posts and wondered i have just litrally booked a holiday for Oct with this hotel can anyone tell me how it was?

Have booked a 4 bed room whats the space like?

How long does it take to get to the beach?

Whats the food like?

Is there any kids foods?

Hope to hear from yo all soon

Thanks
hi ya.
my opinion on the hotle is as follows. this is my 2nd visit to the hotel and i was not as impressed the 2nd time around.

the space is very good. you should not have a problem getting a space near the pool. there are activities all day for the adults and kids so it great for famalies.
the food - well i was not gone on it to tell you the truth. they have beans and eggs for breakfast every morning and sausage and bacon but it the spanish egg and bacon which i am not very keen on. for dinner there is somthing different every night but there is always chips. you must remember that this hotel has alot of european holidayers so it has alot of local dishes. i am not a fussy eater and i would try anything at least once. and my hobby is eating out with a nice bottle of wine so i know good food.-well what i like any way.
if your kids are fussy eaters then i do'nt know what to say. the english families i came across at dinner times ( when we went down for dinner) did not eat any thing apart form chips and ice cream.
however the GALA dinner is great good food and good fun.

the beach is around a 10 min walk away but the pool area is so good that you do not need to go to the beach. me and my partner spent most the time by the pool and the evenings in cambrillis - the next town down. cambrillis is nice and relaxing.

you must go to universal. great day out. if you come out the hotel and and turn right and walk to the corner and turn right again. and then walk stright down to the end there is a bus stop that thkes you stright there. there is a lady in the kisok that is very helpfull. you might come across a man trying to save you money on a entrance ticket. i would not buy form him. we got a ticket form him that did not work and it was embarrassing. we had to then que to get tickets. we never paid him for the ticket because he wanted us to pay when we got back. but when we called him to say that the tickets were dud he wanted us to argue with the people at the gate.
go to universal, great day out, but go early the park opens at 10 and you should get there for 10.
Thanks so much for that i am a little worried tho now as my kids are really fussy eaters and will only eat the typical foods last time we went away and they didn't have kids menu they basically ate nothign all week and we had to take them out to eat which kinda ruined it.. :0(
hi, does anyone know anything about this hotel, it is featured in portland directs website for 2006, good prices, but cant find any reviews on it,and i cant recall ever seeing hotel the times ive been in salou..do you think it may have been known under a different name?
Hi audbod .. I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you should now find some info in earlier replies.

David :wave
Im also trying to find info on the location of this hotel for my auntie
Does anyone know how I can book this hotel for April 2006, I have sent the hotel e-mails asking for prices but no response.

Anyone know of good hotel that I could try for April.

Trying to sort flights out ryan air unhelpful advise flight times will not be available till mid november

Cheers
Not sure but I got a really good price for my aunty with Portland Direct online. 3 adults, 1 child H/B Manchester 1/7/06. Total price £1400
Hello :0)

Well we are going here in Oct thsi year so i'll let you know how we get on.
We have two young kids 9 and 3 who are very picky eaters so i emailed the hotel directly and asked about food for kids as their sister hotel does a kids meal seperatley.
The hotel emailed me back and confirmed that they do not supply food in the evening meal for kids and that the kids have to eat the adult menu.

So thats worried me a little... We booked with Portand and payed £830 flying from Eastmidlands with 2 free kids places :0)

If you go to the holiday reviews up the top left corner of this page and click on Costa Dorada then on scroll down to the bottom its not listed under golden for some bizare reason look for Port Salou Park Hotel (Golden) you will find the reviews :0)
I meant to ask does anyone know if they have safely deposit boxes in their rooms?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.