Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
fridges
137 Posts
i have just booked for 2008 for this hotel and have read on another forum that there is a mini zoo at the hotel! i wondered if anyone knows if it is still there and what it is like, i really dislike this sort of thing and i will hate to see animals in bad surroundings( if they are), i also wondered wether it it can be avoided or if it is a main feature of the hotel. thanks in advance
Hi

I keep looking at this hotel and wondering whether to book it for next summer.

Anyone been here yet this year? Just wondered if there was enough to occupy two teenagers.
hi looking for hols in may 08 went to menorca this year great place

was thinking of booking golden taurus park hotel we will be traveling with 3,5,9 year old who love thompson family resorts!!

is this a good place to go to
Is Pepe's Bar still open outside the hotel? I havent been here since 1993 and the hotel has changed so much. I'd love to go back for another party night with Tato and Astrid in Pepe's one day. Their Champagne Sangria is to die for.
Oh my god brings back memories that place my last visit to the taurus park was 13 yrs ago when my son was 5.We went to pepes every night for the bingo if i remember right pepe was old then his girl friend or wife was a lot younger than him is it still going .. cheers mazza
yes pepes is still there,so are astrid and tato.
bingo now only one night a week,(something to do with gaming laws)
and live music twice a week.
food is still good,but much the same as before

angelica
yes pepes is still there,so are astrid and tato.
bingo now only one night a week,(something to do with gaming laws)
and live music twice a week.
food is still good,but much the same as before

angelica
Hi,

can anyone who has stayed at Taurus Park this season tell me if Kelli and Anne are still in the entertainment team?

thanks
Jules
hi

has anyone been here recently i was looking at it for may we went to menorca thom family this year was fab!

what is the surrounding area like is there much for the kids to do

thanks please reply
Hi Helen .. in case you haven't seen them, we have some reviews HERE.

David :wave
hi does any one have information on this thinking of booking here or salou not sure we going in may???
Weve just booked for the end of May08.
Booked through Portland and saved over £400 on the Thomson price for exactly the same thing, flights, accomadation etc.

I went in the late 70's as a child so don't remember much about it.

Were planning on going to Barcelona by train, husband wants to visit the football stadium.
Are there any other places of interest around and about? Have seen some pictures of Roman ruins - anyone know where these are?

From past experience the Animation team will be excellent and if you've got kids should be fine.

I have e-mailed the hotel via their web site to ask about having a late check out room as it wasn't possible when I booked.

Does the hotel offer a room for changing/showering on the day of departure if they can't let us keep the room on?

If we can't keep the room on is there anywhere safe that cases can be left?
Yes Kelli is still there.Is Anne the one with the short dark hair who i think is Spanish?
If so then she's still there too,or should i saw they both were in May/June.

The BArca staduim tour was a waste of money i thought but that's JMO
Helen there isn't anything for kids to do outside you'll need a car really but the hotel is still great and has everything for them to do inside.The food is still good aswell.
do you think it will be ok then if we booked with portland the kids would not be able to use thompson kid club would they??
Weve booked through Portland before and have used the Thomson clubs for free.
The first time I expected to pay extra but since then don't worry.
As the Animation team are here too do they run a kids club as well??
They did at the last place where they were.
would you reckon it would be a good place to go with 3 kids can you walk in to a town or village am undecided weather to book for here or or aventis another thompson family resort in solu

what you think i am just concerned that there will be enough to do and weather we going end may.

thanks for your help
hi was going to book this for 5 of us in may

am undecided if it will better to book two rooms connecting as we will get two balconies and more space. The hotel sent me photos of family suite and second room looks smal!!

any ideas
hi helen just back frm golden avenida myself and hubby and 3 kids had a great time. i paid for hotel through thomson £371 and got flights via ryanair £280 and a taxi to hotel only around 25- 30 euos. im looking to book taurus for next june
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.