Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hi it is cheaper for us to have the inter conect room rather than a family room maybe it is because we a family of 5

do you mind me asking what date you going i looking at 20th may for 14 nites it about 1900 for two rooms

how that compre to yours
Hi helen.
Forgot there was an extra one of you!
Were going 31st of May for 14 nights from Cardiff HB cost £1132 for the 4 of us!
The flight times aren't too good though but not too bad as were about 30mins from cardiff.

CARDIFF on 31 May 2008
Arrives in GERONA on 31 May 2008 at 23:45

Departs from Gerona on 15 Jun 2008 at 00:45
Returns to Cardiff 15 Jun 2008 at 01:40
That's why I wanted to book a late check out room.

Your holiday is part half term
ours are going to miss 10 days of school. I want to take the kids to the Roman ruins so that'll be educational.
we going the 2oth from birmingham it cost 1900 for 5 of us in two interlocking rooms

family suite was 2100

it a bit dearer than your but we going for half term so that probably why

could not make mind up wanted saelf catering but loved the reviews of this hotel so i gave in my hubby did not like hb last time in tenerife

we see how it goes
going to the costa brava in august for the first time,staying at the golden taurus park.any of you helpful members want to shed some light on this hotel, resort of pineda, places to visit, things to keep kids entertained or just some up to date reviews would be welcome.
thanks in advance tracey
We are going to the taurus park in june, and I just wanted to know how far calella is to walk to. about how long will it take to walk there with kids bearing in mind :lol:
If I remember it is about a 20 min walk from Taurus Park to Calella. You can also catch a noddy train outside the hotel that costs 2.20 euros return and I think kids are free.

HTH
Jules
thanks jules372 my parents are staying at the santa monica in calella the same time were at the golden taurus in pineda, but I thought we were further away than that, thats just ideal. Thankyou.
Trasjohno
Have you looked at both the sets of reviews for the Taurus Park?
Theres one under Golden Taurus Park and another uner Taurus Park Golden. The 2nd one has loads more reviews.

I went there many years ago and were going to try a meal out at Pepes if we can find it.
yes, i noticed that their are two lots of reviews, and most are very good.looking forward to going to the taurus never been to the costa brava before.husband is really looking forward as the last two hols have been ai, which he's not keen on as he hasn't been able to get a pint of bitter.
:)
Thanks for pointing that out Nicola. I shall ask for both sets of reviews to be merged as the Taurus Park Golden.

luci :wave
luci HT Mod wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out Nicola. I shall ask for both sets of reviews to be merged as the Taurus Park Golden.

luci :wave

The above has now been done.
nicola1972,

You won't need to look far as Pepes is just outside the main gates. Say hi to Astrid for me.
hi nicola
is pepe's a bar,if so does it have entertainment on.
is there any other bars nearby.
any other places of interest would be welcome.
It's been a very long time since i last went to Pepes but it used to do excellent chicken & chips.
From what I remember (in May 1979 or 80) it was a bit like going into an old wooden building and they had an open fire with the chickens on spits.
Bet it's totally different now. Got to go there.
Sorry can't give you more info on what it's like but can do when I get back in June.
Hi there, can anyone tell me how long the transfer from the airport is to this hotel please?
what trips are there to go on for two adults, two kids 15,11.also how far is the water park and is there enough slides to keep kids entertained for the day. stayin at the taurus in august.
There is a free bus that takes to to the waterpark, stops right opposite the hotel . Yes there are plenty of slides to keep both adults and children happy for the entire day. Dolphin and sea lion show's , parrot shoes , there also other things like the human fly catapult , great to watch but i wouldn't try it :yikes for me .
You will have a great time .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.