Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We did same got the price from the internet with the all inclusvie upgrade added and took it into the shop to see if they would match it and they did. The odd thing was about couple weeks after we had booked i was surfing thomson website to see if prices had changed and the all inclusive upgrade option had disappeared from the website there was only the full board upgrade option thats what made me check on here and tripadvisor to see if anyone else had noticed anythin and there were a couple who had. This prompted us to ring thomson and try to get some answere`s they told us it was full board plus but comes up as all inclusive on the booking form so we then went into shop and she couldnt understand how it says all inclusive but be full board plus so she rang and they said theyd look into it and get back to her. So we decieded to write a letter to thomson to see if we can get written confirmation what we have booked all inclusive (drinks snacks ice cream throughout the day) or full board plus ( drinks included with meals) still waiting for a reply. I sent the letter recorded delivery so i could track when it was delivered. So just waiting now for a reply will leave post on here with what they say when (if) i recieve a reply.

June
I have just talked to consumer direct who have advised me that my contract is with the travel agents because I have paid money to them (in the form of my deposit). They have told me to write to the travel agents in a recorded letter giving them 14 days to respond. The problem with this is that we are all 'pre-empting' a 'breach of contract'. If you go on this holiday and it is not all inclusive you have rights. First to sue for breach of contract and secondly for damages due to that breach of contract. :)

My travel agent has just called and confirmed my all inclusive board basis (as per my confirmation from Thomson). I have requested, in writing, what is included in the all inclusive of this hotel as all inclusive does differ from hotel to hotel. :sun2

Will keep you posted :cheers

Sam
Thanks for the info. I found the page on Thomson you were talking about and have printed it out.
My travel agent called me a couple of days ago to say that Thomson usually take 28 days to respond.

So don't panic! :rofl One step at a time - at the end of the day we all have written confirmation to back up so Thomson will have huge problems getting out of this one. Don't be offered an alternative. I intend to go on my holiday and if all inclusive is not what I get I will enjoy my holiday because I am determined to and then sue them when I return! :sun2

Here's to 2010.
Sam
We've got review from May this year but if anyone has stayed here recently then please assist your fellow holidaymakers by writing your review here:-

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-brava/pineda-de-mar/taurus-park-golden-hotel/
Hi could anyone answer some questions for me please

Is the food nice here?

Are rooms nice going with 5 3 children and 2 adults not sure if to book family room or interlocking rooms???

Is there somewhere you can walk to see shops and bars to have a pint somewhere alse???

Would you recomend it kids are 11,6,7

thanks
we went last year and the food is very nice. if you come out of the hotel on to the main road and turn left that takes you to pineda and their are bars and shops there. turn right out of hotel that leads you to calella and there are lots of bars and shops there.
the rooms are fine we had a interconnecting room me and hubby in one 2 daughters in the other.
your kids will love it ,there is lots going on during the day for them, they did have shows and mini disco on at night, we did watch a couple but prefered to go out in the evening.
Just out the front of the hotel there is a bar called Pepes. When I was last there they used to have party night twice a week and there was always a great atmosphere. I'm not sure if the theme nights are still going these days, but Astrid and her husband are terrific hosts. I'm looking forward to seeing them again after all these years.
hi i am nearly going to book but bit worried some of the reviews say it can be noisy did you find that at all dont want to be woke in middle of nite last few years have had apartments a bit different!
Just returned yesterday from a fortnight here, see below

Hi could anyone answer some questions for me please

Is the food nice here?
it is the usual hotel buffet food, very bland, they do try hard but we felt it was like a good school dinner, we even treated ourselves and ate out at Pepes when we couldnt face it anymore.

Are rooms nice going with 5 3 children and 2 adults not sure if to book family room or interlocking rooms???
we had the family room overlooking the carpark and garden area, again the rooms are basic, fair sized, cleaned everyday and pleasant enough.

Is there somewhere you can walk to see shops and bars to have a pint somewhere alse???
yes if you exit on the beach side turn left and after a couple of minutes you'll find plenty of shops and bars. If you head the other way into Calella be prepared for quite a hike (even if you use the little train to start off the journey) but its well worth it because there are lots of great shops and cafes.

Would you recomend it kids are 11,6,7

very much so, all the kids love the place. I cant recall a better place for childrens activities/entertainment.

I cannot recommend the beach infront though.
Last week Thomson verbally agreed with our travel agent that they would honour all inclusive bookings up to a certain date (although no date was given). Today my travel agent had verbal confirmation with Thomson that they would not be honouring the bookings. The alternatives would be half board/full board plus or a transfer to another holiday with an £80 transfer fee (which would be waived as a gesture of goodwill).

I have spent 40 minutes trying to obtain a response to a letter I wrote on 27th July to my travel agent and Thomsons. I now have had confirmation that a letter has been sent out to say that Thomson will not honour the booking because the HOTEL IS NOT ALL INCLUSIVE!. I have called consumer direct to explain what has happened and they have escalated my complaint to my local Trading Standards Department.

The letter Thomson sent out states that 'the holiday should not have been available'. Therefore this is their error. Furthermore the confirmation I hold which clearly states an 'all inclusive' basis means that Thomsons have advertised and sold this holiday fraudulently as this holiday does not exist on this board basis. If I were to book another holiday now I have two problems - firstly there are limited child places left (and we are two families travelling with 6 children) and secondly for a similar hotel on an all inclusive basis it would cost £1500 - £3,000 more! If Thomson want to 'transfer' our holiday I have no problem with this on the basis that it is to the same or greater 'star' hotel, all inclusive and THEY pay the cost of the difference - after all THIS IS THEIR ERROR!

I would recommend anyone out there who has booked the all inclusive to contact consumer direct with their progress up to date and get this escalated to your local trading standards office.
Thanks for the tip. I keep getting the run around from Thomson. The will not return my calls and my emails are replied with a curt "call our premium rate telephone number for further details".

I have a legally binding contract with them for all inclusive so Consumer Direct here I come.
I would be grateful if anyone who goes here this year could post the board arrangements here when they get back. The latest on my predicament is that Thomson have written to me stating my board will be Full board plus instead of the all inclusive I have booked. But, when I rang the hotel, they told me that the restaurant does not open at lunch times.
I took my family here last august and the restaurant didnt open during lunch, only breakfast and evening meal. Hope this helps.
From 2011 this hotel will be All Inclusive but they are still not prepared to honour the all inclusive bookings they have taken for 2010.

All my communication I have received in the last few weeks since adding a late check out room and paying my balance state Full Board. I have now been told that not only will by All Inclusive not be honoured, neither will my Full Board Plus that I have in writing from Thomson.

I so wish I hadn't booked with Thomson. It's the first time we have travelled with them in over 12 years and it will be the last!!!
Just got back and will post a full review soon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.