General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Nicola

I went to Sousse in Tunisia for a week in April last year, all inclusive. The hotel had a couple of pools at the back of the hotel and this led right onto the beach and at the front of the hotel was a pool with about 4 or 5 water slides which wasnt even advertised in the brochure, so this was a great bonus. Our two daughters loved it, they were 4 and 6 last year. Cant remember who we booked with but the hotel was called 'The Houda Beach Club'. Hotel was clean and food not bad, lacking slightly in bars, I think there was only one, entertainment quite good at night. But if waterslides are what you are after you will enjoy.
hi

Thanks very much for that. Will certainly look into it as we were thinking of trying Tunisia at some point. Were the pools warm enough to swim in during April?
Off to look up the hotel now. cheers

Nicky

:)
Out of the week, we probably had 4 hot days, the pools were cold I have to admit, but once your in its ok, you are best just to jump in or go down the slides, dont just stick your toe in or you'll never do it!! We had two days when it just wasnt warm enough for bikinis and one really bad day when we went into Sousse, the markets there are good if you want to shop. I wouldnt go in again at night because they dont have the little bars and restaurants like tenerife or spain and places like that. If your going in May though it will be getting warmer I would have thought.
Thanks for the info.

Just booked to go to egypt now, but will consider Tunisia for October half term.
Have a good time, I've heard very good things about Egypt. :D
hi there - Turkey is lovely May half term - lovely and hot we always go then - going again this year half term week plus extra week out of school with permission of course :D the weather is just right usually around 30 degrees although evenings are a little chilly - touch wood we have never had bad weather then i think one year we had a downpour for about an hour 1 afternoon .we love turkey but its just tooooooooooo hot for us over the summer holidays. as you say plenty of great all inclusives there many with waterslides or even water parks :D :D

lyn
We stayed in the Sunrise Hol. Village in Side that had brilliant water slides Great food, great wine & Effes on draught! Look at hotel web page it is very good
The Kaya Belek Turkey has waterslides bouncy castles and a little train it was lovely went late may last year
:P i agree, kaya belek is the best all inc we have stayed in....wonderful(and i have stayed in about 8 all inc hotels so far)!
hope this helps
jmiller
Lykia World, Turkey just outside Olu Deniz is fantastic - 17 pools - childrens water park with slides etc, childrens club, teen club, bowling alley, 10 restaurants (2 children only!), 2 gyms, 2 adults only pools, spa, tennis courts etc, adults activities - belly dancing, circuits etc, beach etc.etc. Family rooms with separate bedrooms - I have stayed there several times with teenager and youngster and we all had a great time. It would be worth you viewing their website http://www.lykiaworld.com where you can see all the amenities and also the floorplans for the different room types. It is not quite FI, it is classed as full boeard + as outside of the restaurants you ahve to pay for drinks but as there is always a restaurant open I don't think it is a big problem!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.