General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
the russians get everywhere,...............so i try and ignore as you wont go anywhere.
at the moment it is cheaper for them to go around the world to holiday than stay at home!!!!

turkey is lovely, and i have been looking to go back in september, but avoiding kids and water slides, but have come across a couple, hence scrubbed off list.

try travel supermarket.com.
i came across a couple on there

Armonia holiday village

hotel blue dreams
http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/turkey/turkey-bodrum/bodrum/hotels/club-blue-dreams-hotel.html
You should consider Aquafantasy in Kusidasi.
The hotel reviews are always fairly positive and the waterpark is one of the best, certainly better than any others I have come across.
The good thing about the hotel is that while it has its own pools and beach, it also includes unlimited access to the waterpark, you just have to come back to the hotel for free refreshments.
Basically unlikely that you will see the kids much from 10 am onwards if they like slides and wave machines.

Once they get bored of that waterpark, a short dolmus ride (or walk) away is the Adaland park. There are always ongoing arguments about which is best as they are different experiences and rides.

For the adults there is culture nearby with the local dolmus passing Ephesus on its way to Selcuk. you just hop off the bus and walk up the side road about a mile to get to the entrance (if you can get past the taxi's waiting to save you the walk!) Without the pain of constantly waiting for a tour guide the kids might even enjoy exploring Ephasus themselves.

You can always hop a dolmus into Kusidasi itself and wander onto pigeon island where you can see all the day trip boats and book a "cruise".
Unless things have changed, the differences between booking direct with the boat as opposed to the rep (ours was JMC) were:
Direct:
You can pick the boat you like the look of, along with the choice of itinary.
You can negotiate the price and maybe include transport to the boat.
inclusive Food and Soft Drinks only but we were told we could buy beer etc on the way to the boat and they would put it in the fridge for us for the trip.
via rep:
Ours used Diana? travel who had their own boat which was awful. Large open deck Ok for laying out but nowhere to sit and no shade.
First stop was a bay with a travellers camp for want of a better description. As we landed on the beach so a chap arrived with a horse and started putting the small children on and leading them along the beach. After a minute he then asked for a tenner each! Not a pleasant stop. The horse also defacated in the water where we were sitting so he scooped what he could into a carrier bag. I thought this was environmentally friendly until he just spun it round and tossed it over our heads up the bank at the back of the beach. We then noticed that the entire area was littered with the previously disposed of plastic bags. Everyone went back on board.
Next stop was in the middle of a bay so that a "friend" could pull up alongside and offer banana boat rides. Some people did hit the water for a swim but the wind changed direction and the current was so strong, only one swimmer could make headway against it so he had to go and herd every one back to the boat!. No help from the crew.
Just realised I may be biased on the boat trip advice here!

Anyway the waterparks in the area are Excellent and by staying at the aquafantasy you get far more than the normal couple of small waterslides.
Hi there.

I know you have been put off by many reviews of Turkey, but don't be. Its probably you're best bet if you're looking for an all-inclusive property with waterslides and lots going on. Like Stevebell001 said, the Aqua Fantasy Hotel has its own waterpark.

Other hotels include Hotel Iberostar Tropical in Sarigerme, available through First Choice, one of their popular Holiday Village Resorts.

Thomas Cook also have a special selection of properties which offer waterslides and activities based towards families. These include:
Paloma Club Sultan **** in Ozdere, near Kusadasi. This property is a SuperZone resort, with more information available from the Thomas cook website, the hotels individual website, and more reviews available at trip advisor
Paloma Grida Resort ***** in Belek. This property is a Sunzone holiday resort, with more information available from the Thomas Cook website, the hotels website and more reviews on trip advisor
Club Voyage Sorgun Select *****, in Side. This resort is a Thomas Cook ActiveZone Property. More information available from Thomas Cook's website, the hotels website and more reviews on trip advisor.

There are few hotels outside of Tukey (and Egypt!) that have large slides and aqua parks. I can highly recommend the Hotel Esperides Beach **** in Faliraki, Rhodes, having stayed there myself. The hotel has 2 waterslides, a fairground and climbing wall, as well as daytime and evening activies for all the family.

If you need any more help or have any more questions I'm happy to try and help.

Hope this is of some use!

Suddy
I can recommend the Titanic Beach Resort at Lara Beach, Antalya in Turkey.... the waterslides there are FABULOUS ...along with the rest of their facilities. It is a wonderful looking place - shaped just like a cruise liner, right on a lovely sandy beach and only 15mins transfer from the airport.

Unfortunately, there are Russians (and Germans ).... but we always look at this as a positive in a hotel, rather than a negative....as these nations expect (and get !) good standards. I have to say we are always very pleased when we see their presense.....and do not let differences in culture (that's all it is - they are not deliberately rude in most cases) affect our own enjoyment of the hotel. :)
have a look at Hotel Royal Park , Elenite , Bulgaria -superb water park on site , and also on the beach
Its had some bad reviews , but we visited last year an thought it was fine.
marmaris palace has got a few waterslides. But the russians.... what can I say.
Thank you for all your advice. We've actually ended up booking Hotel Soviva Resort in Tunisia. I know it's got mixed reviews but previous experience of hotels with mixed reviews have always been good for us - we're obviously easily pleased! Many thanks once again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.