Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Which part of Egypt?

The "real" Egypt - Luxor, Aswan or Cairo?
Or, the purpose built leisure resorts along the Red Sea?

I can only speak for hotels in the historical Egypt resorts....

My friend swears by the Movenpick Jolie Ville on crocodile island but we prefer to be more in the centre of Luxor. This September, we're back again and will be staying at the Winter Palace Pavillion, but for a real traditional hotel, it has to be the Old Winter Palace.

In Aswan, again purely for tradition - it has to be the Agatha Christie hotel The Old Cateract.
We like the Hilton at sharks Bay. Wont take any chances in Egypt now after trying somewhere else ourselves last year .
Thanks for those suggestions. I have been looking at the Hilton plus one called The Sultan which is supposed to be really good and has good reviews. :sun2
Hi,

I can highly reccommend the Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay Hotel in Makadi Bay (about 20mins from Hurghada) Have been twice and is the best hotel that we have stayed at in Egypt by a long shot.

Choice of 3 a La Carte restaurants, 2/3 buffets (all of which are excellent and included in the package price), several pools and directly on it's own beach.

Regards,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.