Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Firstly I think you'd want to look at the flight availability to Egypt from Cyprus - unless you are considering a boat across.. Would be a real pain to have to go back to the UK and then over Cyprus to get to Egypt.......It's possible that Egyptair fly from Cyprus :?: :?: :?:

Luxor and Cairo are both VERY hot in our summer months - it really isn't the best way to appreciate the antiquities - and a honeymoon spent getting out of bed VERY early in order to be able to manage the sightseeing isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Red Sea coast is considerably cooler in July - and you could consider a day or overnight trip to either Luxor for the tombs & temples or Cairo for the Pyramids etc (but both in a week would IMHO be TOO much in the summer). Depends how much you would be looking to spend - for something a bit special I would look at Four Seasons or Hyatt Regancy in Sharm, possibly the Movenpicks e.g at El Gouna.

Following on from your thread had you looked at getting to the Maldives from Cyprus ??? Possibly THE best destination for a honeymoon - but if you had to fly 4 hours back to UK then a 10 hour plus flight to Male you'd be using an awful lot of precious honeymoon time in transit!!!! :?
thank you for your reply. honestly my head has been spinning with all the brochures and trip reviews i've been reading.
the main problem i have is getting to a new destination from cyprus. this is proving very awkward and expensive. especially since we are paying for a nice hotel already in cyprus.i really don't fancy traveling 5 hours home and 10 hours to the maldives(although they have captured my heart.
you are very right in saying that egypt will be too hot for sightseeing ect. its the same with dubai. and then its rainy season in the maldives!

however i was given some great information from another travel agent about a mediteranian cruise that travels from barcelona, spain. i have to say i never considered one before but the facilities and price can't be beaten and i'm guaranteed the weather. they even have an ice rink and rock climbing wall.

we would fly home as planned and then travel two hours to barcelona. i have to admit i'm very excited. i'm going to look it up in the review section of this site. fingers crossed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.