France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Hi and welcome to HT!

While you are waiting for specific replies you may find some information in earlier posts or you can try using the Search facility at the top of the page.

luci :wave
West coast - Evandee area should be quite good - try Keycamp / siblu for static caravans there really rather nice these days!
Ur. I think Barry means VENDEE - the region of south west France on the Atlantic ocean near La Rochelle.

You could also look at Brittany or further south in Aquitaine - say near Arcachon. This is NOT easily drivable from Calais though!

Incidentally French schools are back in session on 1 September if that helps.
Agree Vendee area has lots to offer. Aquarium at La Rochelle and Puy du Fou are must visits. I am sure you will find a decent Gite quote cheaply as it is out of season.
Hi MoorDown, have you found anything? Be aware that much of France closes down after about 15 September, we've stayed on campsites where the shops, kids clubs and even the pool has been closed! I think that you might find that anywhere south of the Vendee is very quiet. Several years ago we stayed in Brittany in late September. It's a long drive from Calais (but so is just about everywhere) but a short drive if you take a west coast crossing to St Malo or Roscoff. There should be plenty to do with your kids, the beaches are really beautiful and great for crabbing, plus there's lots of very interesting towns to see. There's a huge aquarium called Oceanopolis in Brest and lots of castles about. We always stay with siblu and they have a parc called Domaine de Kerlann, but you could also try Eurcamp for holiday parcs. My personal opinion is that gites can be really boring for children, where's the pool or tenis courts when you need them!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.