America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Don't forget everyone I'm off on the 25th November for 10 nights so if you spot anything before me then a pm would be appreciated.

John
And I'm off Oct 24th-Nov 7th and still not got my hotels booked....I to would appreciate any promo deal tips
As a rule of thumb for Vegas, is it best to wait until 1-2 months before you book a hotel for the best deals ?

I'm thinking of going next March......
I book the hotel as soon as I book my flight at a rate I'm happy with. Sometimes I can't get it any cheaper, but if I do I book the new hotel and cancel/amend the old one.

I don't leave it to book a hotel in case my dates coincide with any large conventions.

The rates for 1-3 November are sky high already due to a large convention and March is also a busy month in Vegas with March Madness, a college basketball tournament so I would book sooner rather than later.

I am going 1-8 November and booked my flights and hotel in January. The rates are now double what I am paying.

luci :wave
I always just book a package deal as it suits me better.
Off to Vegas for two weeks in September and it's all paid for now so just need to get my dollars now for spending :D
We have our hotel booked, and we know from experience that if the hotel reduce their rates before we arrive we get the lower rates.

We - as yet - haven't booked the flights. We prefer to fly Airtours as they go direct, and their prices have just started dropping - £20 down on last week
Well, good deals are continuing, we now have our hotels booked for all 12 nights in September -
Flamingo for the first 6 nights including a Friday/Saturday (usually about triple the normal price) - total cost - £350
Booked the MGM Grand for the next 5 nights, a really good deal here - £194, so less than £40 a night!
The final night, MGM wanted over £150 for the Saturday but we booked a deal at the Signature (the 'posh' tower out the back of the MGM) for £125.

So all in all it works out at £1084 each for twelve nights in Vegas, in the Flamingo and MGM with business class flights there and back. Not bad at all!

The best thing to do with Vegas is book the hotel you want directly through the hotels website, as early as you like. That way you know you have a room booked. Then, as it gets within 8 weeks of your holiday, start to check the prices of all hotels, either by their own websites or by sites like Fat Wallet, http://www.Travelzoo.com and http://www.hoteldiscount.com. If you find a better deal (which you will), you can then cancel your original booking with no penalty as just about all hotels let you cancel up to about three days before travel with no penalty. If you book a package deal through someone like Expedia, you can't cancel and book the better deal.
This is our seventh consecutive year in Vegas and my 9th or 10th trip overall and I've only booked a package once - cause it was a good deal for a week - book it yourself, you will save hundreds!!

PS: For good hotel deals, check Fat Wallet and also look at Harrahs home site and click on 'Hot Deals', there are some good ones!!

TC
  • Edited by TeeCee 2007-07-21 23:46:34
Fat Wallet link Check page 1 then monitor the last few pages as that's where new offers are posted.

We have the Imperial Palace booked for 1-3 November at $109, $109 and $129 with it being a weekend and they are now over $200 per night. We have the other 4 nights at $69 at Planet Hollywood. With non-stop flights with bmi from Manchester and a flight from Aberdeen to Manchester we are only £545 each for the week!

We are thinking of going to Vegas for a week in November but the flights seem really expensive.
We really want to go from Manchester if possible on a direct flight.
When we priced them up they were the best part of £1000 each.
Where are you finding all these good deals?
Also any advice on hotels - there are so many to choose from, I don't know where to start. We like a decent one, so 4* or 5* and the suites sound good.
Also what's the weather like in November?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:roll:
My flights are booked with American Airlines 25th November (not direct but that is what we like) stopping at Chicago for 1.5 hours as we did last year which gives you time to stretch your legs or have a smoke or a beer if that is what you want to do.

I paid £307 I think each and then I have already booked Orleans at a price of $40 per night per room with taxes but will not stay there for the ten nights we have booked.

The Imperial Palace is priced at $50 per night and bang centre strip so there are bargains to be had.

The wife definitely wants Caesars Palace even though I can save £1,200 staying elsewhere but I will probably go for 2 different hotels so she can get her own way as usual.

My flights is actually £411 now but will probably drop back again

John
I booked the flights for November on 3 January at £389 each non-stop from Manchester including a domestic flight from Aberdeen. It was a promo rate on bmi's website. It will make up for paying £640 each for flights in May.

We are booked for 5th November to 3rd December. All hotels are booked, but not set in stone. I look daily and change bookings if I find a better one. Last year I was changing our hotels right up to the day we flew. We are staying at IP, South Point, Orleans and PH so far.

My flights are booked with American Airlines 25th November (not direct but that is what we like) stopping at Chicago for 1.5 hours as we did last year which gives you time to stretch your legs or have a smoke or a beer if that is what you want to do.

John, sounds like you have been through Chicago before with AA. Is 1.5 hours enough time to get through customs and to the next terminal for your onward flight? When I originally booked we had 2 hours 15 mins, but have just had a flight time change that gives us only 1.5 hours. I was worried it wouldn't be enough time.

Please let me know what you think.

Sorry for the hijack.
Hi Pebbles,

Yes my flight was the same and changed like yours but we did the change over with people that had done it before so we kind of speed walked from the plane and were first in line and straight through customs.

The cases were already going round the carousel as we got through customs (carousel directly behind customs booths) and we were a while here as we watchedmy new case of which I forgot colour go around for a bit.

Cases then go to another belt and you jump the monorail to the next terminal when they check you going in and thats it.

It took us 30 minutes last time all in all and had 3 or 4 beers while waiting for the next flight.

John
Thanks John. I feel a bit better now. I have studied the airport maps and it looks OK. We shall see.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.