Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Flights
22 Posts
CL82, you might be better off posting in flights only/airline and airports thread for your replies :wink:
Just got the Portland brochure through the post this morning. They fly out of Manchester on a Sat.

Had a quick look and the pricing seems ok

Imagine online sales will be slightly better???!!
Im flying out on 13th October with Monarch, package deal with Jewel in the crown.

Has anyone flew with Monarch before through a Jewel Holidays package?

Just wondering if it is a direct flight or if there is a stop involved?
CL82 - Have a look at Direct Holidays, we have booked to go in March on a Dormhouse basis, we will only use the flight as we also have our accommodation sorted out, we have paid £440 each and the flight is with MyTravel from Manchester.

Hope you get sorted

Debs
Debs what date are you going in march .....we missed you last year ...we maybe we will meet up with you in march :sun :glynis :glynis ..we go on the 16th ....colleen
Hi Colleen we go on the 6th and come back on the 21st, so hope to see you there.

Debs
Boozle

We went last new year with JITC. The flight was uncomfortable as very crammed seats. Where are you staying. We stayed at Colonia De Braganza calangute

Am trying to book up for new year again but too expensive this year

Bob
Staying at the Marinha Dourada I think, stayed there previously and it was very nice. Going over for the Wedding of an Indian Friend, should be really good!

Did you fly direct to Goa or Via Bahrain with Monarch?

Boozle
I've been with JITC, definately a cramped plane, although we were lucky to book the extra legroom seats which made a difference. We had a stop over in Bahrain on the way there and due a problem on the way back we had to stop twice for refuelling once in Bahrain and second in Larnaca!
to get specific info re who to fly with try visiting our Flights forum. :D I'll keep this thread open if anyone has had any good deals though
If you fly with Monarch and buy an upgrade you'd be as well flying the likes of Emirates, Manchester- Dubai-Mumbai then Jetlite or someone like that down to Goa. I've priced it from Glasgow and all in, I was getting a price of £500 which is the same as flying Monarch with the upgrade. I've went both ways and find the Emirates option better value in my opinion Alan
Hi;
I have been looking for a while now for reasonably priced schedual flights as the thought of Monach flights for 9.5 hours without an expensive upgrade is just to much when you suffer with back trouble, and I think i've probably found the best deal that I'm going to find, so I'm asking for your opinions and advice about which airline to choose for our flight to Mumbai :shrug
Air India, Jet, BA and Virgin,the price difference is only about £30.00 between them and seeing as we have only flown with Ba befor and I wasn't that impressed, I had to spend 9.5 hours in a seat that was broken and wouldn't remain upright without a fight :rage, I await the very knowledgeable advice I know that this forum can offer.
Fiona, I have posted this query in the flights forum as well, I'm trying to cover all bases so that I can get it booked.

Many Thanks

Jayne :wave
Posted on here but had it moved to "flights" - I need help with which charter site to use for a flight to Goa at the end of October - £500 via Mumbai is fine if you have been before but this is for my Mum who has not flown long haul but wants to come to Goa for 3 weeks.
Any comparison sites - where to get the best deals etc. - thank you
Jayne, we flew to Mumbai in Feb this year with BA and I most say it was one of the best flights I have been on :D Haven't used the others but, have heard people talk highly of their Virgin flights to Mumbai :wink: Tony.
We fly with Jet from Heathrow to Mumbai then a wait for about 2 hours then onto Goa.
Coming back is an early morning flight from Goa and the same wait and onto Heathrow.
Book with Southall Travel always get a good price.
  • Edited by narial 2007-09-10 17:16:18
narial, try this one, may help Charter Flights
Thanks for that Tony - we are going BA this year for the first time for a long time as we are going on a Round the World Ticket - Heathrow to Mumbai - Jet to Goa and back then Qantas to Sydney and onwards.
Travelled with BA many years ago and lost faith with them but got such a good deal we would have been daft not to take it.
Will try your site for Mums ticket - thanks
Newbutt1
My husband sat directly behind a broken seat last year on Ba to Mumbai and he 6ft 4 it was very uncomfortable and the person in front had the seat back which made it ten times worse.

Try ebookers and opodo
We paid £503 on Jet going for a month on 10 Nov
hope this helps
I have tried them all - Jet Airways are the best. Good leg room, service, on board entertainment, and by far the best onward connections to Goa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.