Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Good Deals
29 Posts
I know this will sound "tight".........but how much? :D
Fizz
Hi Fizzy 2, £1392 for 11th march and £1336 for 4th march, both for palmarhina in calangute, think i got it right way round. Dont think thats a bad price as some are alot dearer. Denham
Thanks denham, it's a bit pricey for me :D looks like I am a bit "tight" :rofl
Good prices for First Choice though as they have become quite expensive of late.
Fizz
Is that per person? or per couple?
I would think it is per couple manx-minx and for 2 weeks so for a package and with First Choice it isn't actually that bad.

I always try to get 3 weeks for £1200 ish for 2 of us - getting harder to achieve though. We book our accommodation direct and look for the cheapest flight only. :)
Ok, I paid £1365 for me and my son for 2 weeks at the Colonia de Braganza through Beachcollection.co.uk

I think next time I will try to get cheap flights and book the hotel direct.

Whenever I have tried looking for just flights, all I can ever find is over £600 - £700!

Maybe I'm looking on the wrong sites or at the wrong time.
manx-minx - We book into a guest house we know which is cheaper than a hotel. Flights - you have to search on a regular basis or ask for help on here - the guys will often find something you (or I) didn't :tup Fizz
Hi manx-minx, the price is for two , just been on website and now 11th march dropped to £1302, thats not bad at all. Denham
Hi Manx Minx

I paid £996 That includes return flights from the island,an overnight in Gatwick guest house and flights to Goa.

Have booked a Guest House in Goa for £10 per night staying just under 3weeks for myself &OH,think i got a good deal.

How is the visa situation?

Manxcat
Hey that's good Manxcat! I paid £160 to get of the Island.. We get to Manchester the day before we fly to Goa, and will be staying overnight at my brother's house.

Just waiting for my son's dad to sign a consent letter and find me his passport so I can send them a copy, then I'll send it all off again.. fingers crossed they accept our applications this time!
I,m sure it'll all be worth it in the end :D

I tell my daughters(have their own families now)about this thread & the problems that come up :duh & the stress :cry

They say "We wouldn't bother going ,it's too much hassle" The activity of this forum speaks for itself.
:cheers we stayed at the colonia braganza last time only paid £58 for the 2 us for a wk,so it,s worth looking for flights seperatly.
Hi Valleylady, what was the hotel like?
:tup hi we thought the hotel was brilliant,we booked a room but on arrival found the rooms were actually apartments,lounge with balcony,mini bar,cable tv balcony overlooking the pool,seperate bedroom with on suite,another balcony ,room boys changed th sheets and towels and cleaned the room every day.the room boys will put as much as you went in the mini bar all you have to do is ask ,john the bar manager was great,even arranging free fireworks one night as we were celebrating our 10th anniversay,sam the waiter was also great,didnt eat much at the hotel exept for the theme nights,they have one 3 times a week,entertainment wasn,t up to much,but funnily enough the more honey bees we had the better they sounded :rofl ,we only booked a week and would have stayed here for the whole 3 weeks holiday but they were fully booked so had to move elsewhere,all in all we had a great time and wouldnt esitate to recommend this hotel and would definatly stay there again,,say hello to sam and john for us,{kim nand stan}have a good time,ps taxi driver had trouble finding it,,its just down the lane to the right of the red lion.
Sounds great, thankyou. looking forward to it even more now..! I'm taking my 12 year old son, so a bit nervous to be honest. Sounds like a good place though.

:tup
:) sure your will enjoy,especially if he likes swimming.the pool is huge,enjoy,enjoy enjoy
That was a good price Valleylady, you did well with that :tup

Manx-minx - you and your son will be fine and will have a great time, don't be nervous. Try to go to the Wednesday night meets at the Carvery at Candolim too, you will be among friends and they will give you all the advice that you will need, but honestly, you will be fine. if your son likes playing football, read Mike Richardsons football topic as he arranges footy matches between local Goans and HTers. Have fun. :tup
Fizz
:cheers hubby and i booked ours in feb last year,seen it on the net first then went to agents and they price matched plus extra discounts we got 4 weeks for £1640 for the lui beach candolim,which we think is pretty good and we will be there in a weeks time cant wait :D
There's a cheap flight to Goa from Gatwick 25/11-10/12 2010 £399 meals and baggage included with Jewel in the crown i'm sure someone can make use of this flight just before xmas..I did .... :tongue Can you hear me singing.. :hols :pele :hyper xxxx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.