Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
No sign of an ad here. I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.4 with pop-ups disabled and Kaspersky security suite. I have just tried IE7 and no ads with that browser either. Thank you, Mr Kaspersky.
..... when the free holiday offer comes up, would you like me to send you a p.m.? :lol:
Hi folks....

No not headed off to a tax haven...Just had other commitments....

Re the ads...

I've Removed them from the top of the page and and put them after the first post to see what response we get in revenue terms. Also if there is more than one page in a topic ads will appear after the last post on the page.

I realise change can be a shock and the immediate response is to ask why but in the long term they will become as natural as they were at the top of the pages to regular members. Assuming they stay where they are now, of course.

Regarding popups etc....

Yes, I will be introducing them.....

BWAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH had you all fooled...

Come on guyz...would I ever subject you to the hell of popup ads? NEVER...Never have and never will...I detest them as much as anyone and totally understand the frustrations they cause. The only popup you'll ever see on HT is notification of a new PM.

HTH

Van :wave
A small price to pay for this website which is state of the art in respect of advice to our members.

Don't worry, Van just needs to cover the internet charges and the £20 000 he pays each of the mods.

You are all worth double!

Peter
You are all worth double!

...... o.k. Peter - what have you done that they haven't found out about yet ????? :rofl
I don't mind the ads my only worry is that my curser is in the middle of the page as I scroll down, and sometimes I click on them by accident.

I know Google are quite strict on these things as I have been looking into it for my site.

Makes a nice change though I had to sit and ponder on what had happened :D
Don't tell me Colette, ........ you've accidently bought five months timeshare in Scunthorpe !!!! :rofl :rofl
Nasty looking, would be much better at the bottom of the page.

Of course, we could all click the ads as many times as we can and get the account for Holiday Truths closed by Google.
Sagres :rofl :rofl Van would get the bill if I did :lol:

Of course, we could all click the ads as many times as we can and get the account for Holiday Truths closed by Google.

Have you read this thread and read why the ads are there?

I sincerely hope that comment is a joke, one I might add I don't find in the least funny

I posted my comment in order to help Van and his team make a constructive decision regarding them.
I think your right Van. It's only day two and I have got used to them already. Ads wot Ads ? :rofl

Why on earth would firestars want to get a site like this shut down :( Perhaps he runs a rival site? :shock:

There is not much out there that is free and worthwhile. It's the members, Mods and Admin that make the site what it is.
Don't worry about firestars...Google ain't daft...they have their ways and means of dealing with these issues...

And what's wrong with Scunthope?...ok..what's right with it...lol (Joke for all you Scunthorpe members ;) )

Regards

Van :wave
One problem. On THIS thread its a bit annoying that at the present time an advert for Doncaster Airport should appear below a complaint about a flight Doncaster Airport, and on the thread itself there are criticisms of the same!

Would be better to have no ads on the Complaints Forum, could compromise its integrity.

Peter
My comment was one to be taken lightly.

Oh, and there are ways to fool Google. I use adsense on 40+ websites and if you keep renewing your IP address....

Its the same way that businesses keep clicking on their rivals ads. It costs their competitors money and ensures that they lower value click throughs are number 1.
Would agree wholeheartedly with Peter's comments above.It's a situation that's likely to recur,as any mention of a venue,such as Donny, or a product,is going to bring up ads. from the software, relevant to that product,whether it be a resort or an airline.If it is possible to pick and choose where the google ads. appear,I,too,think that the complaints thread in particular should be ad.-free.
The complaints section is often the first port of call for brand new members and adverts for the firm they are complaining about is not the ideal way to turn them into full-time contributing members.
There is nothing wrong with ads, but using IE6 you have to scroll across to read the full posts, using Firefox they fit the page.
I never had this problem with the ads at the top.
Oh, that explains everything. I thought Id brought a virus in or something :? :wink:
I don't have a problem with them and usually just ignore them except when I click on one inadvertently. We all realise that it costs money to run a site such as this and as long as we don't have the dreadful 'pop ups' I'm sure we can live with them. I, too, think it would be counter-productive to charge members, as though many of us regulars would probably be quite happy to pay, it would probably deter new members.
We'd never ask our members to pay. :D
but using IE6 you have to scroll across to read the full posts, using Firefox they fit the page.
I'm also finding that a problem as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.