Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I cannot help you with the apartments but I can recommend 2 resaurants within easy walkig distance. They are both not cheap but are both worth the extra euros. They are situated in the quieter part of resort overlooking the bay, Kelly's on the Corner and Crocodillos. Last year we were in a hotel half board but we still went to Kelly's one night for a lovely meal and fab views over the bay. I am sure you will get lots of info. CBG
Thanks very much for that - dont mind paying extra for food if it means your holiday isnt spent in your apartment!!! :lol: (Steer clear of chicken curry is my advice)!.
Are there plenty of places in Santa Ponsa where you can hire fans? Last year we had to hire about three of the things as we had no air con! :shock:
Laura.
The Duke of York (or is it Duke of Wellington??) is very good. It's on the right hand side of the road going up the hill from the Irish Bars towards the Square. They give massive portions - too much even for my OH who loves his food. Seems to remember it was reasonably priced. We also ate at Jackie's a couple of times - this was next to Burger King on the main road facing the beach - they were very good also. For breakfast we went to Scotch Corner which is down by the beach. We went to Crocodillos as we had heard so much about it but weren't that impressed. Had to wait ages for a table, even though we had pre-booked, and food wasn't as good as we had expected.
Hi, we have stayed at the Gran Santa Ponsa apartments 3 times. Basic Spanish apartments, large pool area, all communal areas clean and tidy. There is a lifeguard (or was) which was great, watch the pool cos there are little walk through bits and I was carrying little one and we both went under and had to be 'rescued' by him, how embarrassing was that?? they have a hotel run kids club, pretty standard stuff. Probably about a 10 minute walk into town, GREAT supermarket, come out of apartments turn right about a five minute walk. There is (or was) aircon in rooms. Elvira on reception has been there years and is really helpful. Couldnt have been that bad for us to go back three times.
Atley,

As you have been there 3 times can you remember if they have a clothes airer on the balcony :roll: ..a necessity for our numerous clothing changes and inevitable washing that goes along with it!!!

Thanks.

Laura. :lol:
Hi Laura, honestly cant remember! We've done Alcudia for 3 years now and missed Majorca out for the two previous ones, so it was a little while ago. Sorry
Cheers anyway!! (Hope im not walking about in tomato sauce stained clothes for a fortnight :oops: )!.

Laura. :D
Hi Laura! I've just got back from the GSP apts, so will try to answer any questions you have!
You should have a good holiday, I really enjoyed staying there.

To answer some of your questions so far, There is air-conditioning in rooms but if you still want to hire a fan you can ask at reception and they can get you one. I think it was 10 euro for one week and 17.50 euros for two weeks although I'm not absolutely certain as I only had a quick look at the list of things you can hire from reception.

There is a small(ish) clothes airer on your balcony, which overlooks the pool.
Apartments are clean and maid service is five times a week.
No tv's in appts. but again you can hire one from reception if you want!
Entertainment in bar each night, Bingo at 9.30pm and show at 10.30pm.

Supermarket straight over the road, and a bigger hypermarket about three minutes walk to right of appartments.

Restaurants. We ate different one every night, all quite good not anyone in particular I'd recommend but plenty to choose from!

Hope this helps, any other questions just post them here and I'll try to answer them.
Thank you so much for that useful info...last year we had no air conditioning and it was mid July - we were roasted in our beds..hired 3 fans (what a sight)! :lol: Did you use the kids club at all?
Does anyone know if Gran Santa ponsa has a baggage room for late departures? and what time are you normally turfed out of apartments on day of departure?
Sins
Yes it has a large baggage room. There is also a weighing machine (1 Euro) to check your cases. You have to be out of your room for 12. I was there for the first 2 weeks in July and was lucky enough to get picked up at 11 for the airport but did speak to a couple of people who said they were provided with a room for showering etc. Just ask Elivra at reception (she is very helpful).

Hope you enjoy your holiday - we certainly did. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.