Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
If anyone recently returned would like to add their review please do so HERE :tup
Hi

Can't comment on Gran Ventana but have been to the Riu Bachata 3 times. I personally have never been bothered by the locals. Yes they do allow them in at weekends which means the hotels are busier but i've never found it a problem. If it gets too busy and rowdy then there is always another area you can go to. They tend to congregate at the Bachata pool due to the swim up bar but you can always use the facilities at the Mambo or Merengue if it gets too much. The beach does not tend to be busier than normal during these days.
I can also say, having stayed at the Riu Punta Cana complex that the Bachata is very simialar to the Bambu, if you visited there during your stay at the Macao.

I personally love the Riu resorts (hence so many trips!!) and would not hesitiate to recommend them.
Hi Debs

We are going to the Hotel Meregue for the first time in March, to be honest I havn't read any bad reviews yet apart from the odd one or two that say the food is a bit repetative. Glad Claire has posted or I would be really worried about what you have heard.

Sue
I have been to the Mambo and the Gran Ventana. Both hotels allow locals in at weekends but I never saw fighting, just hogging of everything but it is their country. Of the 2 I would go for the Mambo as you get to use all 3 Riu hotels. Just felt the Gran Ventana was a bit to run down and more Butlins than the Rui. The Gran Ventana did have better Al-la-carte it has to be said.
Although, it's a few years now since we stayed at the Merengue but we thought all three Riu hotels on the complex were fab. Had a marvellous holiday.
Me too, been a few years since I stayed at the Merengue, but we loved it, fantastic place (all three hotels), superb. Would highly recommend it. As for the food, fantastic variety.
I have stopped at the Gran Ventana many times (double figures) and I cannot advise against this hotel strongly enough.

The three main UK airlines that travel there have moved all their aircrew out of this hotel, at one point they all used to stop here now they are not allowed due to health and safety concerns raised by crew.

If you want a nice holiday- try the Victoria Golf and beach resort- next to the gran ventana-a sister hotel, So if you want the entertainment of the Gran Ventana, you can have it. But you can also have the quieter setting and improved standards.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.