America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
We have pre booked hellicopter trip with Papillon for August cost $538 for 2 per
incudes hotel pickup and picnic lunch on the bank of the Colorado river,last time
we went by small plane, never again much to bumpy,
Hi, I am going to Las Vegas in August and would like to visit the Grand Canyon during our stay. I have been looking at Helicopter tours but there are so many of them and I was wondering if anyone can personally recommend a particular company.

Thanks

Sue :)
Hi Sue
we are also going in Aug my hubby and grandson are booked with Papillon tours
after a lot of searching they came out on top,last time we went on a small plane
never again!!!!most say the helicopter is the best way of seeing the canyon
:cheers ann
we went on a small plane , and it was great!!!!!!
alot of people that have done the canyon by helicopter have been sick or felt sick.

however didnt feel sick at all and the little plane was just great and only 8 on board and all plugged in with earphones.

would save the helicopter ride for a trip down the strip at sunset/nightime, that was fab
we are also going in Aug my hubby and grandson are booked with Papillon tours

Thank you i'll take a look.
I don't fancy going in a small plane, I have read that small planes makes you feel more sick :yikes

Sue ,it was really bad we were thrown all over the place :yikes would not consider it
again
ann
We've just returned and went with Maverick - very efficient, did the champagne and picnic thing and thoroughly enjoyed.
Hi, we are looking to book a visit the Grand Canyon in August but there are so many sites it all gets a bit confusing. I quite fancy this one http://www.allgrandcanyontours.com/Body.asp?tour=LAS-H0026&page=TourDetails#Reviews as they have a special offer on and you get a picnic lunch as well as landing in the basin which they don't all seem to do. Has anyone else been with this company, if so, were they ok. The reviews look quite good, but you're never really sure that they are all genuine.

Thanks
I think that is just a booking site Sue. I would guess that you would end up flying with Papillion (who do the picnic at the floor of the canyon), Maverick, Scenic, etc.

http://www.travelzoo.com , the US site not the UK one, sometimes have offers.

I would check out Papillion's own site as they have several different tours and usually come highly recommended.

luci :wave
We booked ours outside M&M World. Was $350 including a landing at the bottom of the Canyon, and the helicopters were fantastic - the windows went all the way under your feet so you could see much more than just out of a normal sized window. I think ours was Maverick too. I would recommend them for the helicopters and the professionalism - not sure how the price compares but with something like that I think a little extra is justified :)
Suzy
We went with Maverick and would recommend them too. Don't have high expectations on the "food" when landing though unless you're idea of a meal is a bag of crisps.

Mark :)
Don't have high expectations on the "food" when landing though unless you're idea of a meal is a bag of crisps.
:rofl :rofl

Papillion seem to have a good deal on. They offer a landing and picnic lunch for $274.00, they also seem to have good reviews. Not sure what to do now, I'll take a look on the Maverick site.

Thanks
hi, just wonderin if anyone has any info/reviews of this tour - grand canyon super deluxe air/helicopter tour by las vegas grand canyon tours, or is there anything similar that goes to the south rim. going to vegas for the first time in september i have been searching the internet for months and still none the wiser :que any help would be greatly appreciated
I can recommend Papillion, we went on the early morning flight so had breakfast for the picnic when in the canyon, was fabulous, flew over the hoover dam. They picked us up direct from our hotel and all on time - great, would highly recommend.
Thats good news nowton we are doing the same with Papillion in August,
ann :)
I think that we're gonna go with Papillion, If I book online before we go, we will get a discount. I think that it's about $284.00 It says that it includes taxes. Apart from a tip, will there be any hidden extras.

Another vote for 'Maverick' from me - they were very good.

The picnic lunch is literally an apple, bag of crisps and a bottle of water so don't expect much!!

Helicopter is so much better than plane - have done both.

BUT.....there is more chance of feeling ill in a helicopter if you sit in the back.......try to get the front seats next to the pilot!!

TC
has anyone done the white water rafting in the grand canyon and is worth the money also with which company :tup
has anyone used look tours i want to book white water rafting and a quad biking tour, companies mentioned in this thread dont seem to offer these tours :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.