UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Great Yarmouth!
28 Posts
Vauxhall Holiday Park is more or less opposite the train station. I spent a few months living in Yarmouth as an extended tourist.

The Train Station is 10/15 min walk from the town centre and the sea front is a nice steady 10 min walk from the town centre.

Yarmouth Station reminds me of the first episode of The League of Gentleman. This is Royston Vasey this is the end of the line.

I can recommend two places to eat in Yarmouth.

Fatsos and Zaks.
If the weather is good you will have a fantastic time! Yarmouth has everything you would want for a good family holiday. I lived there for a long time.......my daughter was born there!! Not sure now about buses as I have been away a while. Sorry I can't help, except to say, I am sure you will enjoy yourselves!!!!! :D
Yarmouth has plenty to do.

The holiday sites are full of activity for all and the site you are going to is well known and respected.

Much can be done on foot.

Check out the time and tide museum

http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/default.asp?Document=200.44x1&Submit=go

You are bound to find coach trips to Norwich.
A fine city.
The Broads are not far where you can hire boats or simply sit back and let someone else take you.

Enjoy :wink:
thank u for the great info,its been really helpful. :D
dog racing is a good night out at the track

beach is lovely there

the broads and countryside is lovely

I do miss being in Yarmouth but the place has alot of great memories there.

I spent 3 months there with my dad when I was a student during the summer.

There is so much to do.
We've stayed @ Vauxhall twice.
Once in a flamingo caravan and once in a waveney suite.
One of the best parks i've ever stayed in and we will definately return one day!!
Enjoy your break!!
Loads to do in the area!! :D
I live in Norwich which is about 24 miles from Great Yarmouth and have a few friends who live in Great Yarmouth.

I have never stayed at the Vauxhall Centre, however it is always very busy most of the year round. It is on the outskirts of Great Yarmouth, however its not too far to walk to the start of regent street, (this is where most of the shops are) and buses run regularly in peek season. There are also plenty of taxis around and on the sea front in peek season a mini train runs a long the front and horse and cart are also available (but these are normally much more pricey)

I m sure you will have a great time. As someone has already said, the campsite is near the train station, so you also have regular access to Norwich and other parts of Norfolk.
ive spent many a happy teenage holiday in yarmouth! the last time i stayed in a guest house but have also camped before. I do like yarmouth the beeches are ok and have always had a goo time. nightlife isnt bad and people are pretty friendly also there is an ok fairground for kids and stuff.
we have stayed in great yarmouth many times over the years on caravan sites ranging from wild duck to seashore also caister and had great holidays, but we havent been for about 6 years and wondered what people thought of the place these days, iv read mixed reports on other web sites saying it was rundown and had a lot of boarded up shops and arcades ,also that the crime rate was high and problems with youths and drugs were common place,iv had a look at the haven brochure and quite fancied seashore or hopton village ......we have two kids one is 14 the other 9 so id like to know if we did go that it was a nice family enviroment still........id like to hear from anyone who has visited yarmouth over the last few years and would be grateful for any input anyone has .....

i just found this site today its first class and the people who post on it seem so helpful towards eachother its nice to see......... :)
Hi,
I live in Hopton and right near the hopton holiday village and you wouldn't go far wrong if you booked this camp. Hopton is a small quite village which has very easy access to Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft. The camp itself is very well kept with good facilities for the family .The caravans are well spaced out and are of a good quality. The lovely sandy beach is right on your doorstep and there is also a good swimming pool inside. Hopton itself has a couple of small arcades outside the camp chip shop, chinese takeaway, Bakery with small restaurant 2 good shops for groceries etc and 2 decent pubs.
I have lived here for 20 years and brought up 3 children and we all love it as I'm sure you will if you choose the area.
Bye Joanne
hi we have been many times to great yarmouth. we still like it. tell us of a place which isnt struggling with tourism,boarded up shops and crime. i tend to liken it to blackpool but cleaner and a lot more to see and do not only in resort but elsewhere. any other info ill be glad to help
We stayed in Hopton last year very nice park and staff friendly , Yarmouth is a bit run down but loads of other places to visit anyway :)
Great Yarmouth isn`t my idea of a good place for a holiday, but my son and his partner have taken their 2 young sons there a couple of times to the Seashore site and love it, in fact they`re going again this year. My preference is for places like Cromer and Wells-next-the- Sea, but each to his or her own taste, we like it a little quieter, with the option of going to somewhere like Yarmouth for a day out.
I have been to yarmouth just about every year since i was born and i love the place, been to all surrounding areas and havent found one i disliked. There are more shops etc becoming empty everywhere but out of all the british hol resorts i would still say this one holds most things to do for a variety of ages. Cant wait to go next :)
Does anyone know if there are still Donkey Derbys in Great Yarmouth these days?

I remember going to one when i was a little nipper and i'd love to take a trip back down memory lane when i go in the summer!
Claudia - hesitate to say no but we live in Norwich and go there quite often in the summer (kids love the pleasure beach and the piers) and I have not seen any. But they do have donkey rides though! Just can't race them.
hi, myself and my partner are thinking of goin to great yarmouth with another couple for a weekend away in either july or septmeber. has anyone been recently, which time would be better to go? ive never been before but my boyfriend has when he was younger and says its nice. any advice or tips would be great, thanks.
I go to Great Yarmouth pretty much every summer, usually in July. If you like light-hearted fun, then you'll love it. It's a typical British seaside resort - arcades, fun fair, fish and chips, lovely prom to walk up and down and a gorgeous beach. In fact, some of my holidays snaps from last year looked like we were abroad! We went in the middle of July and my friends at home (Kent) were complaining of the rain and cold weather, while I was out getting sunburnt on the prom!!

Any particular questions, PM me :tup
:-D Jayne :-D
does anyone know any decent pubs in and around G Yarmouth where you can get a decent meal ? I am not one for takeaways so i prefer to go to pubs where you can get roasts etc,we are going this year so any info would be most appreciative.

Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.