Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Haven't been to Argassi but did like Zante. I can recommend a trip though if that helps :) It's worth going over to Kefalonia for the day. If you have seen Captain Corelli's Mandolin then you will know all about it. Stunning coastline. I loved hearing the war stories as well. And also they had a massive earthquake in the 50s and you do still see abandoned villages.
Many years since we have been to Zakynthos, we hired a couple of mopeds and went around the island, I remember stopping in Argassi and going down to the beach which was a nice spot with nice clean sand and a strange little stone bridge thing that didn't seem to serve any purpose.

It isn't a wide beach and is a mix of sand and shingle as you walk along it, the water is quite shallow at this point.

We loved Zakynthos and stayed in Laganas before the 18-30 types moved in, as I said we haven't been back for several years and I would love to hear what you though of it when you return.

Have a great holiday
Graham :cheers
ive been going to zante for the last 7 years but always stayed in kalamaki, we have been through argassi a couple of times but never actually wandered round resort, 1 good thing if you fancy hiring a car head down to the vassilikos area, plenty of great beaches there
Our hotel has no pool after i'd read reviews saying it did :( and we also have to pay for sunbeds yet some hotels you dont Whaat!

There is also a charge to use your fridge it gets worse lol never experienced this before

:think

Well it will be 7 days on beach at 5 euro per day

:cheers
I have heard of some places charging for the fridge but ive not stayed in any that do that, dont forget to budget for the aircon and safe(if wanted), in august you will definitely need the aircon.

Ive never really known anywhere charging for the sunbeds either but you can use any other pools usually free of charge you just need to buy a drink or food from their snack bar, its only fair really :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.