Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, the nearst bars to La Luna would eb Atlantis, Molly Malone and Aloha. They are all quite lively, music and a a bit of dancing and close enought to get homne from easily. I haven't actaully been in them as I have two young children, although my husband used to work in Aloha bar about 5 years ago so I used to go then. There are lots of other places around worth a try but as you said there are so many places it is hard to know where to start.

If you need to ask anything else, feel free, I used to live in Gumet so I'm sure I can help.

Kedi
what are the good bars near to the dost apts

is molly malones near here

thanks
Yes, Molly Malones isn't far from Dost, about 5 minutes walk I would say. There are a couple of smaller bars nearer but they are a bit quieter.
Thanks Kedi, have just done a search for them and all seem to have good reviews. will have a look at them. Can you tell me if any day trips ( by boat) go from gumbet bay or will we need to go into Bodrum. If so what time do they usually leave.? thanks
There are several boat trips that go from Gumbet, you will see them advertsied along the main street or the beach costing around £10. Try to get one that has a small boat with fewer people as you will have more space to move about then. They usually leave about 10am and come back 5 - 6pm and are a great day out.
We went to Bodrum many years ago, and we went on a fabulous trip on a small boat. As you said it had fewer people on with room to lie down and sunbathe. When we went to Marmaris it just wasnt the same. The boats were crammed with people. Thanks for the info I'm really looking forward to doing a small boat trip again.
Can you tell me what the journey from Bodrum airport to Gumbet is like. I remember travelling in the night time from Dalaman to Marmaris and it was terrifying. Hairpin bends and treachourous roads.?
The journey from the airport is good, there is one good main road all the way and it only takes about 30 minutes by car.
HI
Been to Gumbet several times,going again on 28th Sept :D We stay at the Baba Hotel and always go on their boat..You can book it with Sinbad who sits outside baba Hotel on the beach..
cheers and thanks for that

looking forward to a nightout in molly malones
Its not long until you go now is it Chris?
I hope you all have a great holiday,

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.