Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Glad you had a good time, Dave. It's surely unusual to have to pay a deposit in cash only - no wonder you were fed up!

Could you keep your Euros for next year to save on commission charges?

Juliet
Juliet
I can change them back to £ for little or no charge but its just the hassle.
I mentioned it more as a warning to others as Thomsons didnt bother to tell us.
We also found the rep(s) usless, giving us wrong local info on more than one occasion.
we were very pleased with the resort though and the first day we went to port Av there were no queues for any of the rides longer than about 5 mins but on the friday the park was full of Spanish school kids and i must say what an ignorent bunch they are. pushing in to all the queues just because one of them was in front they all think they have a right to join them in front of us. i had great fun bloking their paths and watching their faces as they tried to get past but in the end i just got fed up with it.
Next year we will go a few days earlier to avoid this.
Dave.
We're going in the height of the school holidays!! But as we're staying on resort at the Hotel Port Aventura we can by-pass some queues I believe, also can go in later after day trippers have gone home.

Juliet
Our problem was school parties rather than small groups. seemed like all the schools in the area were there. It is a great park and im sure youll enjoy it.
Have a great time

Dave.
Thanks Dave

We're all really looking forward to it!

Juliet
We went to PA last year in the first 2 weeks of July and found the park dead. It was fab!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.