Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
patsat, as a hairdresser, and I'm sure most hairdressers will agree with me here, please think twice about this !
Don't know how old your daughter is, but have seen too many aftermaths of this 'fashion'.
firstly, the hair is braided so tightly, causing pain to the scalp,
secondly, the risk of painful sunburn to the scalp is more than doubled,
thirdly, after swimming, these braids will become matted,
and finally, if you can comb these out after several hours , your daughter will be left with a fair bit of breakage, in some cases, the hair has fallen out completely and never grown back due to exteme tension and damage to the hair folicle.
only my opinion, but I personally wouldn't let my daughter have it done.
I had this done while in the Caribbean. It was fine - it meant I did have to bother much with my hair while on holiday. I just rinsed it through the best I could after swimming.

No problem when I unbraided it. However, the sunburn issue is important. You can use one of those sun lotion sprays on your head now, which were not around 20 years ago when I had this done!)
can anyone answer the original question please

wizard
I am grateful for the replies and i have shown my 11yr old daughter juby 5's reply and she now appears satisfied on not getting it done. previously we had thought it would be great for managing her hair while on holiday

thanks everyone

pat
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.