Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
hi,ill let you know when i get back on the 19th of June :cheers
It's ok Big s I just got home today haha they haven't got any.

Have a great time and go in the pub 1 for the road its great...
It was lovely for 5 out of the 7 days...overcast yesturday all day and day before was mixed, but cracking the flags today!! Home about 6 hours ago and wishing I was back there already.
By the time you go it will be constant sunshine :sun2
have you been before?
I stayed there 2 summers ago. Is it still owned by Katarina and Thrassos?

When I was there they were fearing for tourism in the resort. They said that the big all inclusive complex at the end of the town was killing all the bars and restaurants etc.
Not sure as never spent time in the bars etc...too much going on in the centre of Sidari.
There where 2 girls working there all the time and I do know the receptionist was called Nicolletta.
yes liz we went last year but it was at the end of august beginning of september and the weather was too hot for me 48c one day on the beach,i just hoped it wasnt going to rain so much with it being so early in the season....was there plenty of people there? and was there plenty going on in the bars?,we went to Maddisons a lot last year and really enjoyed it for all the tribute acts,sorry about all the questions lol
Yes lots of tribute acts on in Maddisons and packed out every night, we watched a few acts there and in B.E.D and 1 for the road. It was a bit quieter first few days then it got a lot more busy as the kids had broken up.
No problem ask away!!
thats good then at least it seems it will be warm but not toooooo hot,is it still expensive for drinks etc as ive heard that prices are even more than last year because of the state greece is in.are the paradise apartments nice??
We went to Crete last year and it was VERY expensive... we where so surprised at how cheap Sidari was...2 euro for a beer, 3 for a wine and lemonade & cocktails where about 3 euro 50.
The restaurants where really good prices and day trips 2. The appartments are in a fab location, cleaned everyday except Sundays and the staff where very friendly. The hotel Paradise reataurant gave you 10% of as a guest plus a caraffe of wine free each visit there....we loved it there the food was gorgeous day or night.
We noticed also lots of set menu prices at 8 euro for a 3 course meal and a few people we spoke to said they had plenty to eat and really enjoyed them. The only place we wouldn't go back to again to eat was Sea Breeze out of all the restaurants as it was poor quality against all the other meals out.
The weather will be lovely for you, we had spells of quite hot but mostly weather where you didn't need sunblock etc. Would definatly go again at this time of year as I dont like it toooo hot either haha. Wish I was there today as this miserable place is raining on the 1st June!!! :que
thanx for the quick replies liz....now alls i need to worry about is if the bootleg bee gees will be on in maddisons lol,the other half loves them :cheers
When we where in there a few nights I seen Abba Chiks, a really good Rod Stewrat and there was a Freddie Mercury advert for the day we came home...also a Bon Jov and meatloaf who where on same night as each other. Seen a few Michael Jackson posters up but didn't wanna see that but he was somwhere else. The comedian in 1 for the road was great and he sings 2 on a different night lots of rock and mixed music etc. The Amy Winehouse was excellent!!!!
Ohhhh I so wanna go back.... :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.