Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
handbag snatch
2 Posts
Sounds like obvious advice but if carrying anything eg: handbags always have on nearside away from the road or have the man walking on outside (if safe to do so!!) There have been similar reports of handbag stealing in years gone by but very few and far between. In general the people are very honest, we once left our bum bag with everything in passports, cards approx £1000 cash etc on the back of our seat in a restaurant and amazingly didn't know we had lost it untill next morning each thinking the other had picked it up (yes alcohol involved)! eventually after much back tracking (and arguing) we found the place we had left it, one of the young waiters had found it and handed it into his manager who had put it in the safe for safe keeping, everything was still in there even though they had gone through it to try and identify where we were staying! Honest or what!?!????? £50 reward given ( yes I know it's a lot but just think what our dilema would have been if everything lost) Also what £1000 would look like to the young waiter! Sorry if gone on a bit but just trying to make the point of how honest the Goan people are.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.