Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I always keep my valuables (money especially) in a money belt under my clothes, it's nice and flat and nobody can see it.

Thanks for the info though, it's good to be aware of these incidents for when we go in 2 weeks.
Oh thats awful poor woman and not good news but as the other person says you do like to be made aware that these things are happening. Just need to be sensible and vigilant at all times I guess.
What a shame. I feel very safe in Goa - much safer than in Birmingham - but it shows that there are opportunists everywhere. Let's hope she is ok and it doesn't happen to anyone else.
unfortunately this appears to be getting more common , 3 of my friends have now had this happen, one last year she was walking along Dr Alfonso road n calangute about 11pm and they went past on a bike and snatched her bag, and one of my friends was quite badly hurt just a few weeks ago as they went by on the bike and grabbed her bag as she was walkin but it sent her flying and she was badly bruised, that was here in Candolim on the main road!!! also kenny at Cactus had his phone taken off the bar counter a week or so ago they ( a group of Indian lads from Mumbai or certainly out of state) were so blatant and had been eating there and just sidled up and stole it none of us saw a thing, it was late afternoon and quiet!!! such a shame this is happening here nw it used to be so crime free but then i suppose this is bound to happen when you consider the rest of the world nowadays nowhere is really safe anymore sadly :(
chilly
well i hope the old saying "what goes around--comes around" will apply to them in due course, lets hope they all get their just desserts!!! :evil:
This happened to my wife and I, three years ago, whilst walking from the Sonesta Inn towards Bob's Inn, in the Candolim Road. 2 boys on a scooter grabbed her handbag.
The police did not want to know and our rep. Anthony, a Goan really had to push them hard to get anything. They stated our property was lost so it wasn't recorded as a crime and in the end we had to pay(bribe) them to get a report.We had to make several visits to the police station to get the report,and it was our last night so we had to pay up.I think it was about 500ruppees before they started to look for the typewriter.
If it happens to you make sure you get a report or you will not be able to claim, and hopefully you will have a good rep. to help, but I think they are like finding 'hens teeth' these days.
Latest bag snatch was last night on baga river road. 29TH Jan
Outside laylas an english elderly lady on route back to marinha douradha had her bag snatched off a thug on a motorbike.
Fortunatly a goan gent gave chase and caught the lowlife.
Needless to say justice was served goan style and he received a right royal kicking before handing over to the police.
The lady suffered abrations to her arms she was dragged along the road.
This of course is not a reflection on goa as this happens world wide to tourists.
As we all know when we are on holiday just take especially more care than normal.

On a lighter note marinha dourada is a truly wonderful experiance.
Weather outside now is aboput a pleasant 90 f :D

Will of course attempt a full trip review on return, must dash now
off to calungute to get me filling .. dentist that is :shock:

Then off to shining star for a good afternoon sesion
Ta ta for know
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.