General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I originally joined when we were going to the Canary Islands all the time and the usual Spanish costas and I wanted to look and find somewhere where we hadn't been that had got good reports. Since then, we have really broadened out and tried Malta & Gozo ( love it), Egypt ( love bits of it) and now we are going to explore the Maldives. We have also considered Goa and Sri Lanka, Cape Verde and Mexico..but they will have to wait a little while.
Olu Deniz in Turkey also gets alot of rave reviews..so that is one to consider for a week away next year.
I regret not joining these holiday sites earlier when I was tearing my hair out trying to sort out my hols back in Feb :)
No, although HT has been a mine of information, and I have made some lovely friends through it,
the site hasn't inspired me to holiday somewhere else - my family and I just love Portugal and I
can't see us going anywhere else for the foreseeable future.
yes i would say it has... ive always gone to tenerife, majorca, ibiza etc etc etc... then a couple of years ago i fancied somewhere other than one of the spanish countries, it was then i discovered turkey after reading loads of forums/posts on different countries, everything that was said about turkey was good... im now due to go there for the 3rd year running........ (just 14 more sleeps... wahooooooooooooo).

im in two minds wether to go to some where like Goa or stick to marmaris next year, and its a comfort to know that i can find all the information i need on here! :cheers

clare x
Seriously thinking about Goa. We'd thought about it for our honeymoon last year, but didn't know enough about it. Hopefully we'll go next year. :)
ıts through thıs sıte we opted to try turkey a few years ago. and got a huge amount of ınformatıon for other holıdays.

thıs sıte helped us to choose whıch bıt of turkey.whıch apartments etc and gave us a wealth of ınformatıon from vısas to extortıonate prıces at dalaman aırport
have to say that if I had found HT before we decided to Turkey years ago I would have realised that the destination we picked was really not one for us. Sounded ideal in the brochure.
I first used HT when my Son told me about it. I had only just prior to this bought myself a computer. They were getting Married in Cyprus so he was doing a lot of research on Venues Hotels etc etc.
I had been only to Cyprus once and stayed at the Alexander the Great hotel.
HT opened up the possibility of finding better hotels and the Internet of finding the best prices with tour operators etc. Being able to read reviews etc led me to the Paphos Amathus Beach Hotel in Paphos which I love.

My holidays are almost all cruises except a few city breaks. I had used Cruise Critic and I now hardly look at it other than to join the Roll Call for a particular cruise I am booked.
Initially my view on the Cruise discussion with HT was not particularly favourable. How wrong I was and I am grateful to everyone on these boards who provide so much information and with such haste.
So HT may not have made me choose destination but what you have done is converted me!

Once again also to you Moderators who do a fantastic job. Well done!"!

Sue
Hi

How I wish I'd known of this forum years ago,we've been to the same place for years now but are definitely thinking of trying somewhere new next year,we shall be guided by reviews and threads on here,well done to all who contribute information and the mods for their hard work.
Have to admit that we visited the Conrad in Sharm due to the forum activity.
My daughter had suggested the Canaries in December, but whilst looking I found out about the snorkelling at the Conrad.
The LTI Grand Azure also got better press so we tried that as well the following year.
I selected the Iberostar Hacienda Dominicus in the DR following Scubaman's observations.

So the site has been very useful to me.
No ,not really but HT has made sure I research places I like the look of properly and as a result I have not had a bad holiday since I became a member :) The help and information from members , mods and admin is second to none :cheers
Lally
Same for me as Lally really. Since joining I would say I haven't had a bad holiday, and although it was probably in my thoughts already to go to Turkey, Sharm, Algarve, Port Aventura etc

I most certainly have based my resort and hotel choices on information from here, including a lot of specific help from certain members who have given me excellent information and advice. I find this forum second to none in that respect. :)
Doe :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.