Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Went by Coach many years ago - first visit to Salou.

Very cheap deal and we got what we paid for :(

Things have probably changed quite a lot though now in terms of service provided, but it's still a loooooong journey. At least 24 hours (from the MIdlands) if I remember correctly. Obviously the same coming back - after which we felt like we needed a holiday :rofl

Trains would probably be a better bet though don't know any details of services or routes. (would suspect quite a lot of messing round with changes etc)

I would bite the bullet and fly - only about 2 hours or less from most UK airports - then about 20 mins transfer from Reus to the resort
:wave:
hi stu.

have been to spain twice by coach, first to costa brava about 24hrs. second time to salou about 30hrs very tiring but it was all down to cost,it was a lot cheaper, so had a bit more spending money. it was quite a few years ago so it may be possible now to find a coach operator that incorporates an overnight stay in a hotel en route, which would enable you to have a decent sleep,therefore take a lot of the stress out of the journey. i personally did not mind the journey.plenty of refreshments available. also being a smoker there were plenty of stops, although at the time one could choose smoking seats at the rear of the coach. another option could be ferry to northern spain and self drive to salou,or train. anyway whatever happens i hope you get your holiday and enjoy it.

:sun2 regards percy.
hi stu we just got back from salou tuesday it takes about 24 hrs from the northwest we went with siesta travel want to know anymore let me know and ill give u all the details ok cheers dave
Thanks Davey ive heard of siesta,im 6ft 3is there plenty of leg room?,ive 3 kids so im thinking of stopping over at eurodisney did you?thanks again stu
if you stop over it breaks the journey up we did it last year was really good you can pay extra for leg room but your not guarranteed that you wil get them but service on the coach is very good plenty of smoke breaks
  • Edited by davey101 2008-11-07 11:00:36
davey101

Can I ask that you don't use phone style text, eg u instead of you, u r instead of you are, etc as per our Rules of Posting?
Rules Of Posting:

2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.

Some of our visually impaired members use Screen Readers that do not recognise this type of text.

Thanks

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.