Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
I wouldn't worry too much at all about the International 2. I have stayed there a few times now and I find it ok as a base and somewhere to gain good access to the livelier part of salou.

I agree that the cooking facilities are well below the standards you would expect with self catering accommodation. There are a couple of electric hobs but nowhere near enough utensils for a basic meal.

To be honest I think you'll find that it's no problem as there are loads of places to eat around the area. You can spend as much or as little as you want and still get good food. There is a restaurant in the hotel that provides good meals at very reasonable prices. Me and my girlfriend usually got three courses each with drinks for about 20 euros. You also get a voucher for a free jug of lager or sangria from the hotel bar if you spend 20 euros at meal times.

As far as the pool is concerned you have nothing to worry about. Every time I have visited this hotel the pool has been very clean and safe. There are usually 3 or 4 entertainers that work at the hotel, they provide games around the poolside each day.

If you need anymore information just let me know.

Thanks,

Lester
I really wouldn't worry! I stayed at the International II a few years ago and wasn't dissapointed, the rooms were fine and the pool was large, i would say it's a good place for kids and it's not that far from the beach and the centre of Salou. I was also on a budget and used to buy roasted chicken's from a stall and make some sarnies, i found the kitchen in the apartment adequate as i like to buy my own food in the day, i didn't really eat at the hotel so can't comment on it. I found the Hotel enertainment good aswell. I'm also going to Salou this year and can't wait, i would say it's one of the best holidays i've been on.
Don't worry, it's what you make it, i'm glad this website's around though!!!
Hi again,
thanks for the reassurance, think I was having a panicky moment, believe me I get them all the time about the daftest things!!!
I agree that a holiday is what you make it, I am now back to being excited again!!!
Another question, we are going for only a week, so I was wondering if it would be worth me buying a 3 day pass for Port Aventura or if we could get round the whole place in one day. And has anyone any ideas how much they cost on the door???
You guys will be tortured for the next 7 weeks, I will be asking a million questions!!!
Thanks again,
Nicola. :)
Hi Nicola,
If you want to know the prices for Port Aventura have a look on their website http://www.portaventura.com
You will also find opening times and info about Costa Caribe.
Personally i dont think that with kids you can do the park in 1 day, certainly not if its your 1st visit.
I was last there 2 years ago and i paid at the gate, they had a special offer where if you bought 1 days ticket you got a 2nd day free, but i feel its pot luck as to whether they will do this at the time you are there or whether they will still do it at all!. Also some of the pubs in Salou were offering free tickets too, have a look back through the pages on this forum and maybe the post will be still on.
Thanks for the advice, have tried looking on the Port Aventura website and it says that the prices won't go on until 18th March.
7 weeks and 3 days I am getting excited now, just ordered a load of new clothes from the catalogue, will worry about the bill when I get back!!!
Thanks again for the help and the reassurance, I feel loads better now!
Nicola. :lol:
Hi Nicola!
I feel the same as you about International II coz Im going there in June with my 2 friends & the reviews I've read have been mixed so I was getting a bit worried until I came to this website. Has anyone got any advice for what the pubs & restaurants are like? Any day trips that are good? Really looking forward to going but I havnt been before so Id like to hear from people that have!
Thanks, Grace. :D
Hi Grace,

The area around the International II is full of good pubs and restaurants.

The restaurants I would recommend are:

Sinatra's - joined onto the hotel and serves good food at decent prices. It can be difficult to get a table around the peak times though.

Connect Inn - It's just around the corner from the hotel and they serve great breakfasts and sunday lunches.

The 19th Hole - On the same street as Connect Inn. Their meals cost a couple more euros but it's nice a relaxed and the staff are great.

There's other places around the area that have had good recommendations from other people but there's too many to mention.

The pubs I would recommend in the area are:

Sinatra's - Once they stop serving food the place turns into a more dedicated pub. They have entertainment on every night and it's usually alright.

Hollywoods - It's ok for a few few drinks then move on to somewhere else. We usually went there around midnight. They also serve late night snacks if your hungry after a night out.

Murphy's - This is a lively venue that can be busy on nights when there is a major sporting event on tv. It's promoted as a sports bar but it can be alright for a quiet drink on a ordinary night.

If you walk about 100 yards down the hill from the hotel you'll come to the main street for pubs and restaurants. There's plenty of choice there for you to get whatever food or venue you are looking for.

If you're going to be looking for clubs then i'd recommend Kiss. It's always lively after midnight and it's open until about 5am so there's plenty of time to get drunk. There's other clubs around that area but the touts on the street will tell you all about those.

Another option for a few early drinks is to stay in the hotel for the entertainment. This runs from 8pm until midnight (8-10 for kids and 10-midnight for the main show). The food is also decent in the hotel and it's cheap aswell. Last year they had a promotion where if you spent 20 euros on food you got a voucher for a free jug of lager or sangria from the hotel bar.

A good day trip is the one to barcelona. You can book through your tour operator or just go on the train from the local train station. We went on an arranged trip in 2001 but found that it was expensive and you didn't really get an opportunity to shop. Last year we decided to go on the train and it was much better. It's 9 euros return to barcelona and you get off the train underneath the centre of the city. Everything on the train is clearly announced in spanish then english so you can't really get lost. Just ask your rep which station to get of at for "la rambla" and you can't go wrong.

If you have any more questions just let me know.
Hi Grace,

The area around the International II is full of good pubs and restaurants.

The restaurants I would recommend are:

Sinatra's - joined onto the hotel and serves good food at decent prices. It can be difficult to get a table around the peak times though.

Connect Inn - It's just around the corner from the hotel and they serve great breakfasts and sunday lunches.

The 19th Hole - On the same street as Connect Inn. Their meals cost a couple more euros but it's nice a relaxed and the staff are great.

There's other places around the area that have had good recommendations from other people but there's too many to mention.

The pubs I would recommend in the area are:

Sinatra's - Once they stop serving food the place turns into a more dedicated pub. They have entertainment on every night and it's usually alright.

Hollywoods - It's ok for a few few drinks then move on to somewhere else. We usually went there around midnight. They also serve late night snacks if your hungry after a night out.

Murphy's - This is a lively venue that can be busy on nights when there is a major sporting event on tv. It's promoted as a sports bar but it can be alright for a quiet drink on a ordinary night.

If you walk about 100 yards down the hill from the hotel you'll come to the main street for pubs and restaurants. There's plenty of choice there for you to get whatever food or venue you are looking for.

If you're going to be looking for clubs then i'd recommend Kiss. It's always lively after midnight and it's open until about 5am so there's plenty of time to get drunk. There's other clubs around that area but the touts on the street will tell you all about those.

Another option for a few early drinks is to stay in the hotel for the entertainment. This runs from 8pm until midnight (8-10 for kids and 10-midnight for the main show). The food is also decent in the hotel and it's cheap aswell. Last year they had a promotion where if you spent 20 euros on food you got a voucher for a free jug of lager or sangria from the hotel bar.

A good day trip is the one to barcelona. You can book through your tour operator or just go on the train from the local train station. We went on an arranged trip in 2001 but found that it was expensive and you didn't really get an opportunity to shop. Last year we decided to go on the train and it was much better. It's 9 euros return to barcelona and you get off the train underneath the centre of the city. Everything on the train is clearly announced in spanish then english so you can't really get lost. Just ask your rep which station to get of at for "la rambla" and you can't go wrong.

If you have any more questions just let me know.
Hi there Grace,
Would just like to say, we arrived back from the International II on Tuesday, and I found there was no need to worry, it was a fine, basic holiday and after all, its what you make it!!
The rooms are a bit small for a family of four but it did the job for us, and we had no realy problems while we were there.
We found a lovely little pub just a 1 minute walk up the hill from the hotel called the Texas Embassy, it served up typical English grub but was really cheap and the staff were so friendly and helpful.
The man who works there touts for business, he has loads of information if you need it, we asked his advice on loads of things and he was always happy to help.
The pool was fine, my kids spent most of the holiday in there and the entertainment is a lot of fun, be prepared to get dragged into all sorts mind you!!!
All in all our holiday was a million and one times better than we ever hoped.
Hope this helps!
Nicola. xxx
I stayed there twice and had a ball with my wife and 2 kids who were aged 3 and 6 then the entertainers are very good
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.