Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
You booked a flight in January for November - there is always the possibility that flights may be changed/cancelled during so far in advance. Unless H&J were specifically informed of the change then they might actually not be aware of this. Do they have a system that monitors advance bookings for changes?

There is also the question of who your contract is with as Thomson and H&J are part of Tui. Is your booking with Thomson (as distinct from your flight itself which you say is with BA) or with H&J with Thomson only acting as agents. Any claims for compensation hinge on that. The girl at Thomson was simply wriggling out of things if your contract is actually with Thomson.

Sending an email via Thomson is not a very satisfactory way of doing things, far better that you should write a letter sent recorded delivery direct to H&J indeed you might consider doing so anyway.. By sending your complaint via Thomson you are not dealing direct with H&J and so add another link to the chain which can slow things down.

fwh
Thanks for replying :) BA said that they contacted Hayes and Jarvis via email, and we were the only remaining passengers who had not confirmed new details - so there was really no reason for them not to notify us.
I know that flights to change for operational reasons, but surely I am entitled to be told? They have had 7 months to do so and it was a significant change of more than 24 hours. I really feel let down by H&J.
BA said that they contacted Hayes and Jarvis via email, and we were the only remaining passengers who had not confirmed new details - so there was really no reason for them not to notify us.

So who is the guilty party here? BA informed H&J but you booked via Thomson.Travel Shop. Again I ask who is your contract with.
Did H&J not inform you or did they inform Thomson who then failed to do their job? The question of any compensation (which I doubt you will have any success with) hinges on the contract.

Any claim will be against whoever the contract is with. The problem is that H&J and Thomson are both part of the same group of companies. Did the shop act as agents or did they accept the booking and then sub contract to H&J. The devil is in the detail.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.