Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Well if you are going with a company like Thomson I think they still arrange trips to the Nou Camp. You can get the Plana bus in Salou and get to Barcalona from there it takes about an hour.
Port Aventura is a short ride on the wally bus. As for the Paella there are plenty of restuarants that serve traditional Spanish food. If you go to the old part of Salou town behind the Hotel Villamarina there are quite a few.

I'm looking at a map I picked up some years ago and I think you are in La Pineda, and my knowledge of this area is non-existent, however you will find someone on here that can help you more.
Stayed at the Donaire a few years back.

La Pineda has probably changed a bit, but it can probably be counted as a separate resort to Salou, although within easy reach. Its a much more modern area with a fair few newer Hotels.

The trip to Barcelona is a must, We did the Zoo/Camp Nou/Shopping area excursion. although as lwaxanatroi states the holiday firms do many different options. I don't think you even have to have travelled with the firm. If you go into any of the Hotels of the major operators, they usually have notice boards showing what is on offer. I'm sure they wouldn't turn you away if you were interested.

If you get the chance try a trip to Sitges - just up the coast between Salou & Barcelona - much more of a "Spanish" resort & a favourite of the City dwellers for a weekend/local retreat.
scoop you forgot (maybe you haven't been there) a daytrip to Tarragona wich is just 12 km far from salou 9 from la Pineda (or even less) wich it has many roman ruins which are world heritage by unesco... very nice place to visit.
thanks so much , definately going to try the trip to Tarragona , and the others suggested , thank you again for the advice ,anything else anyone can help with we would be very grateful ,

silly things such as , can we bring our own tea bags , and does the milk taste ok ? because it tasted yuk in Bulgaria lol
:wave: hi the aquapolis waterpark is across the road from the Donaire, if i remember, and there is a sealion show. also buy your tickets for portaventura and caribe waterpark here cos it's cheaper.we went to tarragona it was ok.cambrils is lovely,with the marina and there's a market there on a certain day.
hi eileenhoops,

you will have a brillant holiday in salou, it is a very safe place with loads to do.I have been 3 times and we loved it, my daughter is 13. One piece of advice buy your tickets to port aventura before you go as it is much cheaper, you can get a 7 or 14 day pass and go any days you like as one day is not enough and the park is open in the evening with brillant shows and firework displays.

You can buy all your normal teabags and things in the shops in salou but the milk is not great. Eating out is great value for money, with lots of choice hope you have a brillant holiday

any other questions just ask :sun2
I agree with Sarahnew about the milk, I found it ok but my hubby wouldn't drink it even in tea. If your thinking of making your own tea in your room take powdered, the stuff you can just put a spoonfull in your cup.
Thanks all for the advice , im definately going to take powdered milk typical brit lol cant go without my tea

i think we will buy the 4 days pass because we are only going for a week and dont want to spend the whole week in portaventura , but a couple of days will be nice and maybe evening shows too !! rather than rely on the hotels entertainment
I would suggest that a 7 day pass would probably be better, they dont cost much more and then it gives you the chance to go any day you like during your stay, for example the first day and last day, where as 4 days restrict you to going within those 4 days.
hello
i have been to the donaire park for the last 25 years and will be there untill 9th june 09.
if you require any information while you are there, just ask anyone in reception to
point me out.
have a great time
paul.l
WoW Paul , same week as us , how many times have you been ? thats pretty amazing you've been going for 25 years !!! any random advice or tips you can give us will be greatly received thanks so much x
:wave: hi we went into la pineda for the day and found a nice and friendly pub not too far from aquapolis called gordon's bar. lovely food too. shops are quite good too.
the main tip i can give you to start with is do not book any trips via the reps.
go to the bus stop, just to the right of the hotel, on the front and get a leaflet
from the plana (local bus) people. they do many of the same trips but cheaper,
and are just as good.
i could answer all your other questions but i don't think there will be enough room
here.
see you there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.