Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Help! agadir
9 Posts
Hi Sal, and welcome!

I am sure our members will give you lots of advice, but I can't really help with Agadir as I only went to inland Morocco on my visit a year or so ago.

The Moroccan Tourist Office has a good website for generalities such as weather temperatures; remember that Agadir is on the Atlantic Ocean and can be quite breezy, which although makes you cooler, doesn't stop you from burning!!

You may find that sites like Trip Advisor can help you with visitors' comments about individual hotels and b&bs, and a proper travel agent will have the Travel Agents Gazetteer behind the counter that you can ask to have a look at - no holds barred comments from the professionals about each hotel.

Please be aware however, that Agadir is in a muslim country which means that you may have to cover up in public more than you would in say Benidorm, and if you are a light sleeper, you might face rude awakenings early in the mornings as the muezzin calls the faithful to prayer via an amplifier!

Getting dark happens relatively quickly - there is no long twilight that far south like there is up here - and you may find street lighting somewhat haphazard!!

But you should have a wonderful time, and I do hope that you get lots of helpful info very soon.
Hi Sal

I don't know if you see this post http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=60073 but there is lots of info here, you can access hotel reviews for Morocco etc. It might help you whilst members reply to you here.
HI Sal, we stayed in Caribbean Village Agador in December 2006 and thought this is a good family hotel, it is a All Inclusive hotel, food was good lots of variety. Although there was bad reviews for the summer time, we could not fault this hotel at all. The rooms were fanatasic as they are family rooms.

A friend of ours stopped at the rui tikadi dunes in the summer (August) and loved this hotel. So take yah pick.

Moroccan people are very friendly and i could not fault them at all....

Hope this helps

Curlylocksm x
Hi,curlylocksm thanks for the advice.How far were you from the beach and restaurants/cafes?
Also what was the weather like?
thanks
Sal, we were about 100/150 yards away from beach, the hotel had a private beach, but they are building a new promenade so i think some of the hotels have lost their beaches temperoraily.

Weather was very good, windy though, it was cold on a night but it was December. The temperature during the day was about 25- 27 oc but one day it hit 30oc... it was lovely.

Hope this helps...

Curlylocksm x
loved agadir, went when our youngest was 12 months old, stayed in the carabiean hotel,
you will hopefully love it x, weather was amazing, we went in sept
our other children at the time were 6 yrs- great kids club, she loved it, they came for her and later bought her back to us, so no walking over to the kids section.

eldest was 15, he also loved it
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.