Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
it costs 150 dhs or 10 pounds.
That rate is fixed by the government.
Does this mean they can only charge 150 dinars. How easy is it to pick up a taxi at the airport and also, how long is it from the airport to agadir itself
After reading the price of the taxi I thnik Iwill do this rather than wait on the coach
they should but weather they do or dont I dont know!
We didnt book transfers at all as £40 for 2 people was a joke, instead we were going to get a taxi but on the way from the airport to the hotel the rep messed up and we ended up going on the coach, on the return however we had to get a taxi, we got that from the main taxi stand where all the grand taxis are and asked him to come to my hotel the next day.

At the airport when I first arrived I did notice a few taxis but I am not too sure if it will be easy. its a 30 minute ride.
Hi all
Loads of taxis out side the airport night and day, should charge 150 dirhams day time and 200 evening and night, the driver will try to get more out of you but the prices are set by the gov. You can also get private transfers for less money and more comfort, quick, air-con, no hassle, clean, reliable.
Any info on transfers send me your email.
Enjoy your hols.
agadirgirl.
hello to everyone,i am going to Agadir in June and wondering about the taxi's or other private transfers which one girl mentioned. You montioned that it costs 150 dirhams,is that right? and as we cannot get the currency until we get into the country then how would we pay for taxi? Any help would be great thanks.
hi there, if you go on the medhotels.com web site and go to transfers,you can arrange your pickup for as little as £5.00 each person. you do not have to have booked the accommodation with them as weve done that many times.
i see that one member has recommended 'MED HOTELS' for tranfers. BEWARE! we used them on our holiday to sharm-el-shiek at xmas 2010 and they left us stranded for our return flight. we called them twice to enquire where they were and was told they would find out and get back to us but never did we waited for over an hour then ended up having to get a local taxi. if our flight had not be delayed we would have missed it. it was so stressful, i would never use them again!!!
Just checked the price from med hotels web site. Nearly £80 for a family of 4 adults and a 10 year old.

The hotel I am staying at have quoted £88 for the return journey however I have advised from Tripadvisor not to pay anything more than 200 Dirhams for 2 adults with 2 suitcases.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.