France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
I've added both these sites to our review site.

If anyone has stayed at either please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks :wave
Hi,

Noticed your post regarding Cote D'Azur. I stayed at Prairies back in the mid 90s when I was working in St Tropez - and revisited it last year when I stayed in nearby Cogolin. It is a large camp/resort and does have lots of facilities - Marylin's bar, parascending, restaurant, beach bars etc as well as being ideally situated near to the beach. It is also right next to the beautiful Port Grimaud which is like a little venice - packed with shops and boutiques it really is lovely. Not far away [but a car journey] is the medieval village of Grimaud with it's winding streets and ancient castle.. All in all, Prairies location is far better than St Raphael which I always found to be a long way away from the action. There is a great midnight market there but once you've seen it - you've seen it.

Anyway, I hope this helps - say hello to St Tropez for me!!!
Well I've been to Prairies loads of times as my mate works there as the manager for Club Cantabrica. I think it's excellent and the positioning is fantastic, especially when I compare it to other sites I have been on which have also been lovely but you need a car.

There is no pool, and I was disappointed about that before I went for the first time, but really as it's right on the beautiful beach it isn't missed at all. And Aquatica is not far away and great for a day out or two messing about with all the water rides etc.

The site is also great for all ages, not overtly aimed at young kids like so many others are (obviously if you do have very young kids then a pool might be a must for you) and another great thing is being based so close to Port Grimaud itself you are not restricted to the things on offer at the campsite when it's just a stroll away. The markets are lovely - Friday mornings I think and one other day in the week, can't quite remember which day. Boat trips over the bay to St Tropez I can highly recommend (guy called Eamonn has an office on the site and does taxi service to airport etc and various trips - the Gossip Cruise is brilliant - takes you to see all the homes of the rich and famous in St Trop bay - free booze, then a couple of hours in the town to do with as you wish and back to the site all in an evening).

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the other site, I'm sure that whichever you choose you will have a fabulous holiday. Prairies appeals to me as I'm not a fan of going on holiday to drive to places.
Hi, just a quick note while reading through the forum, I notice you may be interested in staying at Port Grimaud and I have a mobile home on this site, if you are interested in some prices including transfer prices from the airports if needed I would be happy to provide. Best Regards Michelle
Hi,

Thanks for your replys and your advice!

We have now decided to stay in Port Grimaud at a camp site called Domaine des Naiades.

Port grimaud sounds very nice, my girlfriend is especially interested about the gossip cruise!

Any other good days out or hints and tips you might have would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.