Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
If I was travelling with kids I would pick the Holiday Village. We stay at Coral Sea Resort and I love it there but its not as geared up for children or teenagers. There is plenty outside the hotel in Nabq if you don't fancy heading into Naama Bay too much. I have been 3 times and I am yet to make it into Naama Bay.
Hi Samantha,

Can't help regarding your choice of hotels, but Nabq Bay is approx 20 mins by taxi to Naama Bay.

Regards,
Pat
Mmm. I would also say the Holiday Village although in fairness a lot of the activities tend to be aimed at younger children than teenagers even at the HV. Unless they are into diving in which case they can have a try dive in the pool and then perhaps do an intro to diving or something similar with Aquarius. Unfortunatley not many hotels have teen activities :( , but with the HV if you are going in the school holidays there will probably be others of their age for them to hang out with, which can often be enough.

The Laguna Vista next door has a beach disco some nights and Namma Bay is about 20 to 25 mins in a cab, depending on how mad the taxi driver drives.
We have stayed at the Laguna Vista Beach Resort twice (lovely resort)

Regarding their beach disco ...... we only went there once and had a good evening. Having said that, I think that a 12 and 16 year old should be under adult supervision if going there.

Regards,
Pat
Hi
We went to HV in Feb this year my 11 yr old had a fab time we never saw him lots of activities geared for that age group can reccomend the football coaching but you have to pay for that but my 15 yr old was a bit bored as was too old for the kids clubs but a bit young for a lot of the adult stuff. Having said that we are hoping to return in Feb next year as well
Hope that helps
Suzanne
Haven't been to the HV but would say that there isn't much for younger children or teenagers at the Laguna Vista.

Regards,
Pat
i have been to both. The holiday village is perfect for children, the pools are great and the entertainment is good as its ran by first choice. We went coral sea last year, the staff here are alot nicer to the kids but the entertainment at night isnt as good.
To be honest we had a great time at both, we are going back to egypt in 3 weeks and staying at a different hotel
Hi - I have just booked HV Red Sea for June 2012 - I know several people who have been there and they say its fantastic - cant wait. I have a 5 yr old so looks like she will be well catered for. We are going to HV in Tunisia this year so just hoping that is as good as the Red Sea is supposed to be.
hope it not coral sea as far as i know its still a building site
glasgowkiss - that's the Coral Sea Splash Resort, which is over the road from the other two (or it will be when it's built!)
glasgowkiss wrote:
hope it not coral sea as far as i know its still a building site

LOL Coral Sea Resort isn't a building site as I walked around it when staying at RSHV, it looked like it was in pretty good nick to me. Think it was built in 2005/2006.
we have been torn between the HV and sultan resort but after reading the reviews and coments we have decided on the HV all due to the football academy which we know our budding beckham will love :tup

just a few questions do we need egyptian visas and vaccinations to holiday in sharm?
You wont need visas if you are just staying in Sharm.You just write Sinai only on the landing card thats given at the airport.
Vaccinations are not compulsory but recommended.
I didnt get them the first time I went to Sharm but got them after hearing about someone who was ill and their insurance wouldnt pay up because they had never had the recommended vaccinations.
just a few questions do we need egyptian visas and vaccinations to holiday in sharm?
You will find plenty of information in these existing topics :tup

Visa's http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=189

Vaccination's http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=30364
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.