Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Yes you can say who the agent was just don't mention any staff names ;)
ok it was onthebeach :-)) oh that felt good.

Ps i did not know which area of the forum i should post this so this is why its here!

Any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, I haven't had any dealings with on the beach but after having a quick look at their site I found a section which states that they have no set luggage allowance and the allowance will depend on what company you fly with. They say to see the terms and conditions of the airline which will tell you their allowance. It also stated that where no allowance is included, you will be asked whether you want to purchase luggage allowance during the booking process. Out of curiosity which airline are you flying with?
In that case thomson airways give you 5kg free hand luggage and they charge you £20 per bag for hold. It seems the first invoice you received was indeed incorrect but I'm sure they'll say it was up to you to check the allowances before you booked. Not good enough, I agree but that's the way it goes.
This may be of assistance. OTB are a member of HT with the agreement of the moderators of this site.

If you send an email to forums@onthebeach.co.uk with you MYB then they will investigate your complaint. Please ensure you advise them in your email you have been directed there from HT.

You say that you have documentation that includes luggage. It seems strange that they should suddenly decide you do not.

fwh
I have already emailed them having found the address on the site just shortly after typing my post.

I will see what they say. We do have documentation stating it. paying it is not the issue, the issue is they shouldnt be changing it without asking or informing us plus they have messed up! We paid believing this was the deal.

Dan
I wonder if this is a mix of a badly worded automated confirmation and not reading the website properly (which is easily done since they are in the process of changing it !).

Their T&Cs do state that it is possible that the holiday price may not include luggage fees.

Does the confirmation invoice actually state any weights (eg 5kg hand + 15kg checked)? Read it carefully, it may referring you to the airline's allowances and if they are zero then that's what you get. Did you actually go through any process where you said you wanted to add luggage for extra money?
young_turk I moved the post to here (I left link in Bulgaria forum) as this is the best forum for assistance :tup
Another OTB problem

When will this silly excuse of a company learn to play fairly and have a website that actually allows someone to book a holiday at the price they see and to included all the bits and bobs, if needed.

There must be some kind of law against this - they are only doing themselves wrong as one day, all these pages of complaints will come back to haunt them.
Well all I know is they have now admitted their website is slightly confusing and potentially the reason why this has happened....

I will keep you posted.

I have not received a reply from the OTB forum member yet.
that actually allows someone to book a holiday at the price they see and to include all the bits and bobs, if needed.

Back in 1984 I set up a car hire operation for a large company. When I produced my pricing policy everyone said I was daft. Nobody would go for a "what you see is what you pay and no hidden extras" policy. Six months down the line every one of my competitors adopted the same thing. People really do not want "hidden extras"

I know the fashionable thing is to DIY or use companies such as in this case that build it for you. But just look back here in this section of HT and many of the problems/complaints stem from that.

The more sensible way is to ask people to opt out rather than opt in. That way there is less chance of things going wrong.

With respect to the original poster I suspect the problem is on both sides. The OP has read the details and assumed they had got everything and the OTB site is such that they have given the OP that impression when in fact it is not the case.

An idea for OTB and all the others agents and TOs And there are plenty more. Why not a final check list of all the things you have booked. Tick the box for Flight, meals, luggage allowance, transfers, hotels etc. If the customer ticks all the boxes and it is wrong then the fault lies with them. That way if the customer can see something is missing/wrong they can stop and amend it.

I make no charge for a common sense solution to the problem that keeps arising.

fwh
I've recently booked with Thomsonfly to Bulgaria and was quoted for hold luggage seperately.

:sun2 Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.