Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Oh, what a nasty situation. I'm presuming she didn't get anything in writing concerning the change?

Qantas can view any historical changes to the PNR, so can see if any changes were made on the date of the phone call (and track down the consultant - did she even take down a name of who she spoke to?). I know that at certain times of the day you speak to their consultants in other countries (i.e. America).

If no changes were made, you are reliant on any recorded telephone call.

Maybe you can go into the Qantas office if you are local to London, it might be easier.

It's very un-Qantas like to be fair, I hope it gets sorted.
It's very un-Qantas like ..................

I disagree and would classify them as the second worst airline in the world.

Interesting that things don't appear to have changed since we had problems a number of years ago with confirmed flights being changed and seats booked at the Qantas office in Adelaide not being available in Sydney and all knowledge of them being denied.

Coupled with in-flight service which made Aeroflot look good even in communist times, we got £200 compensation.

As for the current problem, I reckon she may have to buy a ticket home because the Qantas staff I dealt with took arrogance and intransigence to new heights, which is why I took legal action against them.

Peter
How funny (not funny for you Peter, but I rarely hear bad things about Qantas) - I suppose has to happen. I've always found their staff good to deal with. Maybe you were unlucky, or I was lucky? Who is to know? I've yet to find a worse airline than Air France for customer 'dis'service.

Anyway, mentioning Aeroflot, at least Qantas, to date, havn't dumped me in Tashkent for 30 hours which was quite an acheivement as they weren't supposed to be even stopping there on my Delhi - Moscow flight.
Of more concern to me is "Insurance ran out last month"

Getting a flight home is a simple matter. Someone can lend her the money to buy a ticket.

fwh
geri
I have a feeling that she may get nowhere. An email should have been sent directly to her when the change was made, or at least she should have been able to check online( I can do with that BA so I'm assuming you can do that with Qantas). Its easy to be wise after the event though. Its worth asking them to check back on the phonecall.
At least she is with family now who will surely not see her stranded.
I disagree and would classify them as the second worst airline in the world

Qantas are nowhere near the second worst airline in the world they have a reputation second to none and are one of the best
I really wouldn't say Qantas have a reputation second to none neither would I say they are the second worst airline in the world, my experiences with them has usually been average to good. But they don't compare with most Asian airlines. But we can unfortunately all have a bad experience with any airline in fact my worst long haul flight with a scheduled airlineever was with Cathay Pacific,usually rated 5*.

But the actual post was how to help a young person stranded in Australia not a discussion on how bad/good Qantas are. Maybe we could come with something constructive between us.
But the actual post was how to help a young person stranded in Australia not a discussion on how bad/good Qantas are. Maybe we could come with something constructive between us.

Maybe you should have taken your own advice then
Ok lets keep it friendly folks,

Back on topic please.

Kath HT Admin
Sorry Kath

Didn't intend to go off topic but I realised I was as guilty as everyone else and tried to get the posts back to the origional question. :whoops

Thanks Judith - I don't think Kath was referring to you.
IMO you TheFisherman If you wish to discuss this with me then please do so via pm and not in this thread.

Thanks.
My girlfriend's niece is pack packing from England and is presently here in Melbourne visiting her family.

I don't think she'll get any change out of Qantas, which is to me the relevance of how good Qantas is. Under somewhat similar circumstances they just denied I'd ever booked seats, and that was it. Also so that flights had been confirmed, but I had it in writing.

To my mind she's going to have to borrow money to pay her fare. In view of her travel insurance running out I would urge she get back home ASAP.
Thanks everybody for your replies I will pass them one and let you know how she goes.
In regards to insurance I believe Britain and the UK have a reciprocal agreement for health care so she's pretty right on that score.
Cheers Geri
Hi
It's a long and complicated story and I couldn't possibly do it justice. However, even after being told by many employees at Qantas there was nothing they could do for her, she didn't give up. Eventually yestereday after contacting Qantas customer care she was connected to a manager who excepted that it was a Qantas error and has given her a flight home... she said she could have cried.
Cheers Geri
Geri,
Thanks for updating us with this good news - shows that patience is a virtue, as is being a Rottweiler and not letting go!!

Cheers,
Jet
So often in these cases it's about finding the right person to speak to.

No matter what the issue, if you feel you're in the right, but the person on the other end of the line isn't helping, be polite, end the call, call back, speak to someone else. Apart from the utter incompetence of dealing with BT it always seems to work as there is normally someone, somewhere in all companies who cares enough.

Except with BT!

Good result, well done!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.