Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
I was unsure about Rome, and spent 2 nights there last March. Crammed in probably too much, and although I enjoyed it, wasnt overly fanatical about the place.

Went back in October, and realised I actually loved the place.

Traffic wise, not as busy as you think in the pedestrian friendly areas throughout the city. You can effectively walk to all the touristy areas, just wear comfy shoes.

Get yourself there, you'll both have an amazing time!
Rome isn't too bad for traffic. Can get a bit hectic alongside the Forum.

The only place that I would not cross is over to the gardens in the Piazza Venezia. I can see now why there was never anyone in there.

Florence is mainly pedestrianised and the only traffic of note is around the railway station.

The only place in Venice where you'll find a car is the car park by the bridges from the mainland.

I did see a car in the centre once though when they were filming a commercial and as we entered what we thought would be a deserted square we came across a car suspended in the air on stilts.

Came as a bit of a shock.

Go with Rome if your partner wants that but myself I'd say Venice. Simply the most stunning place in the world.

Start your love of Italy with a bang and go there.
Hi there. we loved Rome but for a different one how about Sorrento, from there you can get to Pompei, Carpi, Amalfi Coast.....3 days is not enough really. I have been to Rome, Florence, Venice and Sorrento, I would go back to any of them at the drop of a hat.
We absolutely fell in love with Rome, its a wonderful city. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again. Although we considering Venice next.
next question? why go to venice when you can go to rome :lol:
Only joking!
myself I'd say Venice. Simply the most stunning place in the world.

I second that, absolutely magical
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.