Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi

I am going to Warsaw later this month and have booked the Polonia Palace Hotel at a cost of approx £20 per night b&b. The hotel appears to be excellent. Not got web address to hand but if you google it you'll find it.

Cheers

Al
thanks for that al will google it and send it on the the parents. hve a great trip.
fiona
hi Al can you tell me who you booked with, checked out the hotel and it looks lovely but all the prices im getting are a lot more expensive than you paid. would appreciate any help.
fiona
Hi Fiona

Booked via my bank (Royal Bank of Scotland) who offer preferential rates through their Royalties account.

If your bank does not offer this try http://www.octopustravel.com.

Rgds

Al
can definitely, definitely recommend the Polonia Palace, stayed there for 3 nights last July and loved it! :lol: also look on Trip Advisor for reviews....the rooms are all modern, ask for one that looks over to the Place of Culture and Science which is worth a visit, if only to go up to the viewing deck on the 30th floor! Great spots to visit are the Market Sq, Old Town area, Lazienki Park and Palace which is small but ornate, shopping is also good, good bargains for china, glass and jewellery, also clothes...for more trips out of Warsaw, could go to Zelazowa Wola, where Chopin lived it's very pretty there...
I can't recommend the Polonia Palace enough ! In fact, I was one of the reviewers on Trip Advisor.

Got to be honest, I've never seen room prices go for anything less than £ 50 per night but even this was worth it. I think it's classed as a 4* hotel but luxury is luxury in my book and I couldn't think of anything to differentiate it from a 5* hotel.

As another member advised-request a room with a nice view.

I would also strongly recommend eating in the hotel restaurant-food is excellent-not expensive-the decor is breathtaking (so much so that tourists often come in off the streets to snap a quick photo) and when I was eating there they had a wonderful harpist playing.
also forgot to mention that the Polonia Palace is dripping with history.
As Warsaw was decimated towards the end of the war any pre-war buildings in modern day Warsaw have a certain poignancy.

This hotel was the only Warsovian hotel to remain standing after the war and even was host to Eisenhower.
I also reviewed the Polonia Palace on Trip Advisor...we had the romantic candlelit dinner there and the food was superb...all bought to you on a platter with a silver dish and then they whip off the silver dishes simultaneously, very effective and very professional! They did have a special on that was valid till 31st March this year which was 199 euros for 2 nights bed and breakfast with am extra night free AND the above dinner....snap their hand odd if it's still on....!!! :lol:
Hi I might be a little late in recommending a hotel but we stayed at the Radisson in Warsaw last October. We booked through hotelspoland.com and it was superb. By far the best restaurants are to be found in the Old Town, try Fukier and if you like Thai the Maharaja Thai. Expect to pay around the same as this country, except the quality is far better. A good pair of walking shoes is a must as all the sights are quite far apart. A map is essential as they speak very little English. Don't miss the monument to the Jewish Uprising, The Royal CAstleand Lazienki Park. Do you know about the 2 different terminals at the airport?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.