Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Hi Mark

Perhaps you would like to check our City Breaks forum as well as this one as there may be some information there.

luci :wave
Hi We went to Warsaw last October and had a really good time. We passed the WEstin on our way out every night and it looked good. Please take a good guide book and map and aflat walking shoe. Very little english is spoken so we tended to walk all day. The best restaurants are in the Old market square. Try Fukier. and the Maharaja THai if you like Thai food. Expect to pay around the same as this country but the quality and service is much better.Try and visit Lazienki Park and the monument to the Jewish Uprising. There is also a lovely walk along the river. If you want to shop head for the railway station where you will find H & M, River Island etc and a huge indoor market. I wouldn't say Warsaw was cheap but you had what you pay for. Beware of cafes that don't have menus outside as they won't have any in English. A coffee in a cheap cafe consists of half a cup of black sludge in which the granules are still whole. As I said you get what you pay for.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.