America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
hi J,my advice would be to book it now to save the extra in tax and also you're committed to your dates, and then don't check the prices again!!!!!!!!!!!!whats the point because you'll just curse if it gets cheaper and kick yourself if it goes up!we've just had an email from virgin about the extra tax and its going to cost £100!!although we do get this taken off the next flights we book with them(and we do nearly always use them)but i'm still really annoyed! :rage book and enjoy :lol:
definatly book it,its not worth the stress just to save a couple of hundred. :) mo.
Thanks for your replies...I'm afraid I chickened out of booking in the end - especially when I found out the price had already gone up by £90 that evening...the decision was made for me I guess. :(

Think I am going to keep monitoring the TCD site closely over the next few months and hope I can snag another great deal Feb/ Mar.....otherwise as the price difference is not as great as last time we booked ..the Virgin 16 night plan may become a bit more of a possibility...but I'll have to keep working on the other half.............. :wink:
was that £1230 for two of you-flights only.

I paid £190 for a flight 2 weeks ago and booked 2 weeks before departure date-that was with Travelcity.

That was everything-I was chuffed-I've never paid that for 5 years.
Hi the £1230 was for flydrive (econ car) for 2 adults and 2 children.

Interestingly, since 1st Feb, Travel City's price on their website at least, for the flydrive I was looking at booking for Feb2008, has not gone up :?
Though I usually find they give you a better price when you phone up :?

I'm watching to see what happens over the next few weeks now ...otherwise I might just chance a last minute deal... :roll:
I usually phone up. Im not at home at the moment (otherwise I would post phone number)but I use the swansea office and usally find them very helpful.

I was told yesterday (yes I just got back from Florida yesterday and was straight on the phone for my next trip) is to keep an eye on the flights and book nearer to the time.
Straight out of the horses mouth!

So will hang on as I'm not back till June.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.