Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Your best bet will be a hotel in the centre of Alicante. If you are on a budget then something like Express by Holiday Inn or Etap would be fine but you'll need to get a cab to/from El Barrio.
thanks very much, somebody also mentioned that San Juan beach area is nice?
Hi Lisdaoli,

Went on a golfing weekend to Alicante end of September. We stayed in the San Juan beach area, it was a bit quiet as it is quite a residential area and very much gave the impression that maybe the spanish had their beach homes there. End of Setpember and most things were shut apart from Friday/Saturday nights so maybe it would be better in June. Cab into Alicante was about 15 minutes so you need to weigh up wether you want to be walking distance into the main areas or near a nice beach and cab in for the nighttime. I looked at staying in Alicante City but didnt find a hotel with a pool in our budget also we were playing golf and the main course was in San Juan so there were reasons for us staying out there. The beach ws nice but we did hit a rainy and windswept weekend.

Kind Regards
Stewart
I go to Alicante for the San Juan fiesta every June,the weekend you are going will be just after the end of the festivities but the place should still be busy and buzzing with a few end of fiesta activities happening such as firework displays on the beach at night.

The area called the Barrio has dozens of bars that get busy and lively especially at weekends,I have not seen anything that could be described as clubs/discos though -not that Ive looked for them.

I could recommend 3 hotels that I have stayed in.The Melia and the Spa Porta Maris are right by the lovely beach in the city centre,these can be a bit pricey though.I have also stayed at the Kris Maya - a cheaper hotel but still nice but a little further from the centre but still a walkable distance.The San Juan area you mention is some way out of the city and is an area of its own right and has a lovely long beach,there is a regular tram service into Alicante though.

If you want anymore more info just ask.
Thanks for your information, I need to get looking

Thanks again
x
Postiguet beach in Alicante is excellent and right next to the Melia Hotel. San Juan is busy July and August. You would be better off in staying in Alicante. In the evenings start of with a few drinks and a meal at the marina and then head up into El Barrio. Don't expect anything in the Barrio to open much before 11pm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.