Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Claire
As no one has answered your post yet and time is short ie booking tomorrow, these are my thoughts.
Benidorm seems to have a love it or hate it reputation. we love it, from your post I feel you would be better suited staying near the Poniente side of the resort, plenty of Spanish bars and more authentic atmosphere.
The Levante side does have the Brit element, loads of karaoke, cabaret bars showing tribute bands and lots of comedy acts which can sometimes be near the knuckle,( if you know what I mean) most are very good.
Transport is excellent and you can hop on a bus to nearby towns and the tour companys do lots of excursions.
December will be a more relaxed time of year to visit so you won't get any rowdy element.
Weather will be a bit hit and miss although it should be warm enough for shorts in the day but take a jacket for night time.
Hope I have given some helpful info and if you do decide to book have a fabulous time.

Regards ....Caz
Benidorn is so big so you'd not be stuck for eating out or eating in.Music wise well My Hubby and I are big Rock n Blues fans as my hubby does RocknBlues.co.uk events over here so it still is a bit limited on this choice of music.Did go to the Rockstar Bar it did have live music on it had just opened Nov 08 seemed to be the inplace for the Spanish to go as we went there with Spanish friends.Did use the bus srvice which wasn't bad 1.20euro one way.There are great Tapas bars but my favourite place is the Mexican http://www.chilegrande.com it is lovely and a great welcome and quite a few who play live music over there eat there too.I'm looking to book for later in the year I always book with http://www.benidormdirect.com this year their just taking a deposit then you pay the rest at the local office in the resort.Think this is a great idea as I can buy my euros as I think the pound willl go up.Just now looking for cheap flights as I do travel from any U.K.Airports if it's cheap enough.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.