Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hibiscus Gardens
63 Posts
If you know where Merdyen aparts and Fat Elvis is then they are just around the corner
We have never been to turkey before this will be our first time! :D We have been offered a few Resorts and hotels. We have come to a descision to go to Marmaris (hope this is the right one!) and the hotel that we have narrowed it down to is the Hibiscus Gardens. All the rest did'nt seem to suit us in 1 way or another we are a family of 4 mum, dad and 2 girls aged 12 and 9 we like entertainment and don't mind having to walk to find it ! think this is why the hibiscus gardens appealed to us. Any info would be grateful thankyou. :D [/b]
u checked out the hotel reviews on this site? Looks good. I've already said on another post that this place looks good and is in a really good location.
Hibiscus is about 15 mins from beach,staff are fantastic.We stopped in Gardens/sun apartments last year and loved it.Just bought a house so can't go this year so we're gutted.Highly recommended from us food good,pool's good,rooms good.Hibiscus 1+2 are literally a minutes walk from the Gardens.If you come out of the Gardens main entrance/gate look across the road there is a dusty road walk up there for about 50 yards and your there.

Chris :wink:
stayed at the hibiscus gardens twice before and going again this year.Going on the 4 august cant wait. You will not be disappointed.The staff are great and very friendly.The rooms are basic but very clean. The maid service was every day last year with clean towels every day. food really good.No entertainment in hotel but not far to travel for entertainment. you will have a great time when are you going. :lol: :oops:
we are staying at the gardens from the 11th is anyone else going then
Any info on the hibiscus gardens? checked out the reviews and looks good so far.... :D
Donny check put the topic hibiscus 1 and 2 as the postings have all been put together
hi shadean were staying at the hibiscus gardens on the 4th of august.Me,hubbyand two kids one 9years the other 15years cant wait.How many going in your party. bye for now :wave
Hello all

it's good to be back after 2 years away, going to Turkey next year and can't wait as I got married in cyprus this year and visited egypt year before but been longing to go back to Turkey. I am looking to book the Hibiscus 1 & 2 or the gardens but as both are around same price I was just wondering which you thought had the better rooms/bar/pool etc I know you can use the facilities in either but if one has nicer rooms/views etc any help would be appreciated.

Thanks v much and once again good to be back

Geordie
Hi again,
Ive been on a few holiday report websites and looked at the reviews for the Hibiscus Gardens and most of them were relitively good, as the ones on this site are, but as i went through the pages it said that the Hibiscus Gardens was next to the a chicken farm, and apparenly the cockrell (spelling) woke people up at 3.30 am and someone else wrote that there friend was strangled by people working in the hotel. This worried me stightly and i was wondering if anyone staying there has experecened anything related to the problems above.

Many thanks
Louise 8)
Louise,
Chill out :wink: There maybe chickens right beside the apartments but you get used to the noise. Twice i have stayed within spitting distance of a Mosque and there 1st call is about 5am and apart from the first night it has honestly never been a problem, although it may have something to do with the amount of alcohol consumed the previous nights :lol:
As for the strangling thing, i cant comment.
we stayed at the Hibiscus Gardens last may.

it was lovely,staff were brilliant.Not much entertainment but we got the staff to play tug o'war over the pool and we won!. told them about plenty of other games to play.

the cockerell was not too bad the first night it was a shock and i wanted to kill it but you do get used to it.

the walk from hibiscus gardens is about 15 minutes to the beach or catch a dolmus for 1 lira drops you right near the beach.

there are plenty of restaurants around hibiscus,cousins just over the road was amazing,brilliant service.

pub at the end of the road does drinks priced at 2 for 1.It worked out cheaper than going to the hotel for drinks.

a pint of effes was 3 lira at the hotel but so worth it as that is lovely.

you will enjoy it at Hibiscus as long as you do not expect full entertainment package.
we havev stayed at the hibiscus gardens for the last three years,we have always had a great time. we have never heard the chickens, the staff are fantastic, we will be their again this year in august cant wait.byexxxxx :oops: :lol:
just had a very last minute call from our tour operator to tell us we are now going to the Hibiscus 1&2 apts,anyone been there in the last few weeks?? we fly out tommorow.any info would be great
Excellent apartments and staff, you will enjoy this place

John
Hi, has anyone stayed at these apartments or know anything of them?

A friend has booked to stay there in 3 weeks time and we've looked at the reviews and most of them seem pretty good (with the odd exception) but anymore info would be very much appreciated.

;) cheers

KH
Some good friends of mine have stopped there quite a few times and they love it there. Sabri the owner is a very nice man and will go out of his way to be helpful, something that I found out first hand when visiting the Hibiscus Gardens.

Jim.
Ahahaa...now I see the other posts...mine has been added on :)

Thanks Jim, just had a read through the old posts and the apartments sound fine - have to admit we did laugh about the chickens, bugs and stranglation (although if the latter was serious, then not funny) makes it sound [i]very[i] appealing :yikes

KH
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.