General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
You can add Italy to the list, and Germany plans to introduce this scheme very shortly. Personally I can't see any harm in using high-visibility jackets in any country if you have a car break down. They don't cost much nor take up much space in your packing if you intend to hire a car abroad.

Though perhaps you might choose not to wear them on the apron or tarmac, as a Ryanair jet might decide to follow you instead of the man with the table tennis bats!
I returned today from a week in Lanzarote, I had bought a visability jacket to take with me but found a brand new one in the glove compartment of the hire car (auto reise)
We are off to Tenerife in June. As I am not arranging car-hire till we are there I will probably take hi-vis jackets with us, just to be on the safe side. If I was booking car-hire before we went I would ask if they are supplied with the car.
france are looking to introduce this as well this year, but have not yet done so,
The law is probably going to be introduced throughout Europe in the not too
distant future.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.