Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
There is a new review of the Hilton Sharks Bay posted today.

luci :wave
I stayed next door to the Grand Azure at the Holiday Village and the sea here is accessible from the beach which may be better for your children.
I think the Hilton Sharks bay beach is set in terraces and you have to access the sea via a pontoon over the Coral.
The Grand Azure is in Nabq bay which has lots of shops,restaurants and bars just outside the hotel where you can walk on an evening.
I don't recognise the HSB from the most recent review! If the beach/sea is important to you I wouldn't recommend HSB because access would not be easy with kids. I don't agree at all that there is a problem with the food at HSB unless things have drastically changed since I was there in June - I am going again on Thursday so will put on another review on my return.
Thanks for your replies. The review on HSB has made me think now so another fresh review when you return would be great would also be great to know what the kiddies pool/slides are like if you happen to pass them!!
Thank you.
There are 3 pools at the beach side part of the hotel at HSB - there is a pool with a slide - nice for kids, and lots of families were at this one. The main pool there gets pretty deep, so not really suitable for small children, and there is another small pool. On the new side the pool area is huge (3 pools connected together) - one part has a sandy beach to it, which slopes into the pool and there are two waterslides which are fun (I have been down them!) The pool is all one depth here - 1 metre throughout.

There is a kids club, but we didn't need it - looked nice though.
Thanks meerkat you seem to know a lot about the hotel you must like it if you are returning!!!do you know anything about the tropicana?
Sorry taffs, don't know about the Tropicana. It will be my 3rd visit to HSB this week though, so you could say I do like it there!
Great enjoy and will look forward to your review especially on the food.
I dont recognise HSB from that review either . We have stayed there twice as well as 2 others in Egypt and it's the hilton for me every time .

The quality of the A/i there is excellent but it is not a stuffy place . The staff are very friendly and the food IMO is very good .

I would agree with pat about the beach . Not really child friendly if that is important to you although the snorkelling from here is excellent . Plenty of pool options for you though .
Thanks Lyn im not to worried about the beach really, more the pool, a bit easier with the kids.Most of the reviews have been good thats why i was leaning to it.
Pools are very good taffs - lots of pictures on the net if you have a look.
yes have had a good look at lots of pics the pools def look great. Lets just hope you report back with good reviews on the food now!
Hi Taffs/Meerkat/Lyn

We are off to the CSR in July(2 adults 2 kids) and are thinking about Egypt later in the year also, we are looking to visit other hotels and have been recommended the HSB, which is the best opeator to go with or do you book it yourselfs?

Thanks
Neil
Hi Neilmoondo!

This week I am going with Thomas Cook, because I couldn't do it cheaper myself, but I have done DIY here and got a good deal on the accommodation through hotelopia last summer. (Also check out travel republic). Lyn has booked direct on the Hilton website and got a cracking deal for Easter, but I haven't managed to get a good deal this way when I was looking. Where would you be flying from? I need to go from Glasgow usually so flights are not particularly cheap to Sharm, which is why I found it cheaper as a package this time. If you have flexibility in your choice of airport you may be able to pick up better priced flights than me! WHen are you thinking of going?
HSB is not the cheapest via the Tour operators unfortunately and as we need 2 rooms for the 5 of us as an extra weeks holiday I have to plan way ahead and do it DIY . For us it's always cheaper to get the flights cheapest as possible very early (we live in the south so may have more flight options available) and then book direct via http://www.hilton.com again way ahead in advance for the best price . We always go over the actual easter week and twice I'm managed to get a booking through before the system thinks about hiking the price up for Easter . think i've paid something like £60 per room per night A/I . Not bad for £30 each A/I per night .

If you are going out of the main holiday times I'm sure it's easier to find a better package deal .
Thank guys

We are looking around the middle of October, the good thing is that we can fly from Glas/New/Man its not that much of a difference in journey.

£60 a night seems to be a good deal, again if you can find cheapish flights. The travel agents prices are a bit ridiculous, obviously its the school holidays so I will give the HSB website a look.

Thanks again
Neil
I think you will find that a high season price Neilbut you could get lucky. I did mine over a year in advance to get that price :)

For DIY also try hotelopia as pat has suggested or http://www.hotels.com who also usually have it at a good price . I've found Egypt very easy to DIY .
I paid £62 a night each room (us and our two girls). I thought £31 each for AI was really good. You really need to check a lot of different options to get a good price Neil, but it can be done!
Hi Neil :wave:

Also take a look at http://www.lowcostholidays.com for either Flight & Hotel or Hotel only.

If booking through an online company do take a look at a moneyback site such as Quidco, http://www.quidco.com/ who give you a cash percentage back when you click through via their link, you get up to 6% cashback for Low Cost Holidays, 10% for Hotelopia and 10% for hotels.com plus many more companies.

Every little bit helps :tup
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.