Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
hi there david,
first like to say that i havent been to the grand azure
however we have been to the sahara beach in august 2006. we were also in egypt in june 2006. and believe me the hotels in egypt are nothing like the sahara beach. i know its not much but hope it helps a bit..

sharon
Don't know if this will be of any use, but a couple of years ago we stayed at the 5* Iberostar Phoenica in Tunisia and felt it was poor. Our previous stays at Iberostar hotels had been in the Caribbean and the Phoenica came nowhere near on any count! We went to Egypt for the first time earlier this year (Reef Oasis Beach Resort in Sharm) and despite it being a 4*, it was far superior to what we encountered in Tunisia. We loved our time in Egypt and have booked to go back to Makadi Bay next February.

I have heard read some good reviews about the Grand Azure so try and stop worrying and look forward to your holiday!

Cazz
agrre with cazz,
hotels are much better in egypt, and cheaper.. we have been there 3 yrs running so you wont get worse than the sahara beach..it is a good hotel for entertainment as we have 2 teenage boys but the rooms are crap.. in egypt the rooms are lovely so don`t panic... its nothin like tunisia.

sharo9n
Hi all!

I know what you mean about the hotels in Egypt compared to Tunisia (in the past 3 years I have been to Tunisia 3 times and Egypt twice) but I have convinced myself that the Sahara Beach and the Grand Azure are quite similar.I hope not!Don't get me wrong, the Sahara Beach is a good hotel for young kids as there is plenty for them to do but the place was far too big and noisy (I'm starting to feel old here!) and I was just hoping that the Grand Azure wasn't more of the same.
I would have loved to have booked into one of the hotels in Sharm that I've been to in the past couple of years but it was hard to find a hotel that still charged a childs price for a 13 year old, hence the reason I chose the Grand Azure.
Many thanks for all the replies.

David
Dave
why dont you start a topic on the grand azure??
i have never thought egypt was as chaotic as the sahara beach, nor noisy. to be honest i would say egypt is very boring for entertainment compared to tunisia...

sharon
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.