Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
yeah its about ten minutes away you can catch the bus or have a taxi im sure sugar beach is the old bobs beach if i remember right easy to get to the mini bus (DOLMUS) stops right outside your hotel or theres a taxi rank outside asena village which is about 30 second alk from your hotel. went to suger beach last year theyve spent alot of money and its a lovey place
Where is Sugar beach??

Never heard of it. Been to Olu twice and Hisaronu 3 times and havent heard of it before.
Been to some of the private beaches beyond the lagoon and on the other side of the lagoon.

Would like to find it? :D
Hi Sue
long time no speak :!:
Sugar beach is the old Bobs beach - the one before Suara - owned by one of the cocktail bars (not Buzz, few doors down, senile moment so can't
remember :oops: )

Girls loved it. Aussie theme! trance music and hammocks! and the big plus Lagoon!!
Lynne
hi lallygirl and susien
i think its the sugar shack that owns sugar beach and yes it is the old bobs beach its easy to get a dolmus from the asena to sugar beach or if you are really cheeky walk to nicholas gardens and use there free bus down to gen'c beach these are all round the other side of the lagoon and are to die for but not in the high season , because its not tidal it does get stirred up by the amount of people using it and you dont get the natural beauty :lol:
also forgot to say they have a website http://www.thesugerbeach.com i cant get into it at the mo but its definatley there
sorry!!!!! wrong address watching tv the same time http://www.thesugerbeachclub.com
Hi Lally!! and Maverick!!

Yes I agree, long time no speak!!

I still dont know where this beach is??

I went to Ovacik in Oct and our hotel had a free shuttle bus to a beach which was the other side of the lagoon, and it was called Sun City Beach.
Is the suger beach anywhere near here??

We are going back to Turkey in July. We are doing a DIY holiday this year, staying in an apartment in Hisaronu, through Turkish Friends we made in October. Will be very different to Belcekiz all inclusive, but fancy trying it. Apartment is gorgeous and managed to get cheap flights. So even if we really splash out on food and drink, I dont think we will pay as much as 2 weeks AI in Olu.
Most of the friends we made in Olu are returning to BB the same fortnight, so we will, of course be visiting there regularly!!

So......... anyway getting back to the point, is the Suger Beach anywhere near the Sun City Beach, and if so can you get a dolmus there from Hisaronu, as would love to try it.

Sue 8)
Hi Sue
Hope you have a lovely time . I shall miss it I'm sure, hoping Turgutreis is as good
Anyhow - as I remember, as the road splits for the main lagoon or private beaches Sugar is the first one you get to. I don,t think dolmus go there but it would only be 2 minutes in a taxi from the dolmus station. It is walkable if you are in the mood and its not too hot! Sure they will let you use the minibus back to Olu.They also have some smart log cabins there if you fancy an overnighter!
Eldest paid it her highest compliment by saying it was like Ibiza
:roll:
Lally
Hi again Lally

Hope you have a great time in T....., cant spell it!! Will look forward to your review for future reference!!

I know where it is now, cos we had a free shuttle bus from our hotel in October.As as the road forks to the right after the lagoon, the beach we were took to, was the very last one, the road did not go any further if I remember rightly. It was called Sun City Beach and several of the hotels in Hisaronu ran free buses there, and obviously bought rights to use it, the Sun City in Olu also use it. Presumably hence the name!

Do you have to pay to get into Suger Beach? What is the sand like there, and what facilities are there.?

We walked to the lagoon from B Beach, but about 6pm once it had cooled down a bit, wouldnt fancy walking it in the heat of the day!!

When are you off To Turkey this year? We/re going on 20th July for 2 weeks. 8)
hi susien
sun city beach is past sugar beach i think you dont have to pay only for sun beds and sun shades it has a big sign as you drive around the back of the lagoon past the treatment works just after the camping site
Hello
Thanks for posting the info Mimi. Sue , coarse sand ,but sand not pebbles!
There is a bar and resturant with food and drink at reasonable prices - around £5 for a large burger and chips, pasta dish , going up for fresh fish etc Large Water around £1.50. Clean loos and a shower. Massage inc Indian head massage , 1 pedalo( ! ), a few canoes - 10 ytl/hr, snorkeling gear
Comfy sunbeds with thick cushions, large lounging cushions (some on raised platforms), swing seats, hammocks and music which wasn't too loud. Some trance and for some reason they are very keen on Faithless - we like them as well so sang along to their amazement.
Hope you get there 8)
Its August again for us this year
you must really like the heat lally
Gets me out of the Kitchen!
Actually would prefer to go off peak but stuck with the school hols. 2005 was a schrcher though- I am sure you remember :)
yeah it wasn't bad 2003 was the hottest i had had to stay inside to hot to go out but i still love it :D
yes briar its relly good there you are giving all the secrets away :lol:
Hi
Is this beach also known as genc ?
Went there, pretty cool (said eldest)
Lally
hi lally genc beach is just along its owned by nicholas group to be honest they are all really nice round there
and briar didnt go there until late in 2005 i think i remember the romeo :D
What Romeo - please tell!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.