Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
well thats just typical will have to go and buy the biggest case i can find and ditch my smallest one.
I have often taken 2 cases instead of one. As long as you are within your limit there should be no problem. Have a look at TC airlines website there is a FAQ the answer may be on there.
denny
i've been looking on tc website as you suggested but with no luck as yet. i have sent them the question so hopefully i will get a answer soon. thanks for the advice.
tracey
not had a reply from thomas cook so looks like i'll have to look though all 17 pages on the hold luggage thread
hi trasjohno....I have recently flew with them....if memory serves me right its 1 case each .....no case over 23kgs......if you are on one booking like a family the weight is pooled...so in your case its 60kgs spread over 3 cases....so for instance 1 case could be 18kgs another 19kgs and the third 23kgs...they add them all together making 60kgs...so if you had 2 cases that would hold 23kgs each...you could make use of a smaller case if it could hold 14kgs

We were on a thomascook package.....the allowance was 15kgs each.....we paid extra for 20kgs each....I take it you have also paid for 20kgs.....tweetie
Just a quickie - hairdryer?? Can that go in hand luggage or is it in the case? :cheers
Just a quickie - hairdryer?? Can that go in hand luggage or is it in the case

Either hand or hold luggage.

This is a useful document from the CAA about certain items which can or cannot be carried in hold luggage, hand luggage, or on your person:
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1219/srg_dgo_WhatCanICarry20100416.pdf

David :wave
Thanks loads - I think I ask the same question every year!! One more sleep!! Busy packing as we speak! :cheers
Hi,

We are flying with Jet2 on wednesday to majorca. I booked the flights online, have checked in online and am reading my printed booking confirmation, just a bit confused re: bags. When I originally booked the flights I booked one bag each for myself and husband, and paid £51 apparently! Am just looking at our boarding passes and each one says "hand luggage only", there is no mention of my 22kg x 2 bags, yet on the confirmation page under our passenger details it reads "Bags - 1" for myself and hubby (not the kids). Does this mean I have definitely checked in 2 x 22kg suitcases? Sorry to waffle but don't want to get to airport and have to pay a fortune just incase! Many thanks.

Jo
joeysivs,

Welcome onboard :tup
Have you checked on Jet2's website under Manage my Booking? That should confirm what you have booked for each passenger.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Yes i've done all that, it just says 1 bag for me and 1 bag for hubby, and 0 bags for two daughters. Do I presume that this is 2 checked cases of 22kg? Hopefully it will be! Many thanks for your reply.

Regards Jo
joeysivs,

That's correct. 1 bag per person is in relation to the number of hold bags you have on your booking, up to 22kg each.

Darren
Flying out with Easyjet soon. Is it okay to pack a bottle of champagne in my hold baggage? Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚° have taken spirits this way many times without problem (always well packed). I can't see a problem as aerosols travel fine in the hold - but I don't want my champagne popping its cork halfway over the Aegean!!

Jak xx
Hi Jakki, it's ok to pack champagne in your hold luggage, obviously well wrapped to prevent breakage! You seem worried that the cork might pop? Well the pressure in the hold is the same as the cabin, and champagne and sparkling wine are served in the cabin and there are no problems with corks popping before they are supposed to.
Hi

Should a small electric desk fan be carried in the hold/checked luggage please?

Thank you!
Random Number,

I would take it in your hold luggage then you aren't carting it around with you, but there's no reason why you can't take it in your hand luggage.

Darren
Thank you Darren.

I haven't thought to take a fan before and just wondered about whether any electrical items can go in the case with all the security restrictions these days. It will certainly be easier for it to be in the case rather than hand luggage.

Cheers.
Hi, we fly out with Thomson tomorrow morning so need a pretty quick answer please!?

We are booked as a package holiday through Thomson. We are not sure about the weight restrictions. is it 20kgs for the main luggage plus 5 kgs hand luggage? Or 15kgs main luggage plus 5kgs hand luggage?

Any help much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.