Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Just to point out.I stayed at this caravan park as well a few years ago in the middl eof winter and it wasnt nice.
In hindsight i should of taken the guy to the small claims coourt but i was only 21 at the time and was visistng realtives with my then boyfriend.

I hope you get something sorted soon.
we are from edin. now living in corfu but if you want to back to edinburgh some give me an e/mail and i will find something acceptable.
it`s a lovely city. :oops: lizzie
It`s a lovely city for sure. Well, thanks for the heads up..
Im not surprised you just spent a holiday in what is essentially a trailer park , its used to put up the homeless I beleive , and as a councils a.s.b.o dump.

You should have NEVER contemplated a holiday for someone disabled in a caravan , most parks dont cater very well for them from the off.The next time , assuming there is one , search out a non private owner endeavour.

whom ever heard of a holiday in stepps , 150 years ago it was in the country side , now its just inbetween two motorways and nowhere near anthing remotely related to holidaying.You would probably been better checking out the lets in golf towns at least they are by the sea , and one not to far from edinburgh too for another..

Thing is though I dont know why n.l council were involved its part of glasgow it should have been them , as everything from the end of moodiesburn towards glasgow is covered by another council than nlc.....themselves though thats another embarassment as well.
eka what a horrible thing to have happened. Do you have any holiday insurance policies you can claim on? Annual cover does cover UK trips also and there is normally a section for legal advice and expenses where they will chase the matter up for you. Failing that you could contact your credit card company if you paid via this method as they also offer legal cover to chase matters like this. I personally would write back to the holiday company and explain they have obviously admitted they were at fault in that they offered compensation of a free week in their resort. I would explain this offer was unacceptable but that as they are agreeing liability you will send all photographic evidence as well as all copies of their correspondance to the Sunday Mail and the publicity will ensure no one of sound mind ever books with them again! The Sunday Mail is a big scottish paper, everyone reads it, if that doesnt terrify them into coughing up nothing will!
As you mention you are disabled, here's a point of information which may be useful to you, depending on your circumstances; people who are unemployed and claiming certain other benefits or who are on a low income are entitled to ask for the fee to issue a summons in the small claims court waived. I would recommend that speak to your local trading standards office or county court about this, if you want to pursue the matter further.

Hope this helps.
may I ask, mrsJ, who do you work for? :D
my job has nothing to do with the holiday industry, if that's what you are asking, although I did used to work in consumer rights some years back.
:D Had a feeling you might work in consumer rights. I have read your posts with great interest, very useful too, thanks!!!!!!
Unfortunately you have been mislead... Shotts is definately NOT a holiday venue in Scotland, I know I have been there...
I live in a fishing town 20 mins away from Edinburgh & an hour 1/2 from Glasgow..its called Dunbar, we have a great caravan park and the local amenities are very good...great food, excellent beaches..I am not a rep or anything... I just live here...and its amasing
I think your experience would be quite different here :shock: :D
Hi merlot ... just in case of any confusion, I believe it was Stepps not Shotts. Still not a tourist destination, but perhaps chosen for convenience to Glasgow.

David :wave
Sorry..but would not reccomend either for tourists
ah! dunbar-north berwick they are beautiful villages. we are from edinburgh but stay now in san stefanos (n.w) . our house is in portbello 50m from the beach but we like the quite life here now. interest point for visitors to dunbar--there are lots of seals in the harbour there.
Okay, we seem to be going slightly :offtop now and moving away from the original holiday complaint. Perhaps the UK & Eire forum would be the best place to continue discussion about the Dunbar area.

Many thanks
David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.