Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
looks like we are on same flight les127, we fly from manchester 14th Sept going straight to bali 12 nights Legian beach hotel, 3 night singapore on way home and as my name would suggest..............back to goa in Jan

Cant wait
as much as im looking forward to bali,im just as exited about goa,lol. :) .it ha s that effect on you.
Shirley
have a great tme! :D
thanks Fiona I will try my very best, hope you enjoyed Madrid, I have just finished work so just packing my flight bag etc.. not looking forward to the flight but really cannot wait to get there :D
9 days and counting ( just got 2 stone to lose in that time :lol: )
8th August is slowly coming - can't wait, just back from a week in Ibiza and now 9 days until Penang :)
Fiona have a great time :)
Just back from Luang Prabang and Thailand - fantastic, I've now got the blues big time :cry:
Would you remind me what itinerary you are doing? thanks.
we fly off tomorrow! 2 days and a morning in KL, then 5 days in Bali Puri Santrian then off to Ubud for 3 nights. Ubud is inland and we fancied the contrast- its a stunning area. We then fly back to Kl for a night and a full day - as we don't leave till 11pm. Hubby will have the joys of packing 5 times :lol:
Sounds like a great holiday Fiona, hope you enjoy yourself while hubby does all the packing and unpacking, don't you think the more you do multicentres it gets easier as you seem to get more organized around luggage? we just left one of our cases in Bangkok airport for 5 days while we went to Laos, it only cost 100 baht a day - well worth it, I am quite used to multicentres now, I pack 2 lots of toiletries etc, makes it so easy - anyway have a great time Fiona , I am looking forward to hearing all about it especially Ubud and KL
I love twin or multi centres- I def think it makes the holiday duration seem longer :D
I love them too Fiona like you say you seem to be away for longer even though you can sometimes spend a couple of days out of your holiday travelling.
I think we will do Bangkok, pnomh penh, Saigon and Hoi An next :)
one week and 3 days until we fly to Kuala Lumpur/Borneo, getting very excited now, poor postie didn't know what had hit him when I spotted him from the upstairs window the other day and could see he had the tickets! came flying down the stairs to the front door before he was half way up the path :lol: keep reading all the info over and over!!
Back from Pattaya, Thailand. Hmm! interesting but I cannot see us going back to Pattaya ever again. Husband might go on his own, but only over my dead body :lol:
So roll on Easter 08 as we are off to Bali for 15 nights. Staying at Bali Mandira, Legian then over to Griya Santrian. Will write my thought on both hotels.
Now waiting for October 08 prices to come out for Phuket.
Cheers Geri
I'll be looking forward to your Griya report as we are booked to go there in July( as well as Ubud) :D
gerib,
Yes if you're used to other resorts in Thailand Pattaya comes as something of a shock. Was booked Pattaya for two weeks and hated so much that we transferred to Samui after three days at our own expense rather than spoil the whole of our holiday.
Sunbear
The Woodlands and especially the Rabbit in Pattaya were lovely and you wouldn't know you was in the middle of 'a hole'.
We did consider flying to Phuket in the first week, but in hindsight it turned out for the best we didn't go... I found out later from a friend who was there they had terrible weather, as did Koh Samui. I met a family who had just come from Samui who said they were wading knee deep in water in the streets. At least the sun shone over Pattaya :lol:
However, I wasn't going anywhere because on the 8th day I was struck down with food poisoning (not travellers tummy) restricting me for the next 6 days and feeling very very ropey. Honestly, I felt so bad I'd have easily gone home... I'm thinking all that money gone to waste and we could have re-carpeted the house with it. The last 2 days I came good and ventured out to the Elvis show and to the wonderful Cabbages and Condoms restaurant. At other times I sat and watched my husband eat :cry:
But it wasn't all grim we did have a laugh... just never going back there.
Cheers Geri
17 weeks to go then its off to Bali for the first time :pele :pele
Hi all

We have our first far east holiday this year to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary we are going to Hainan Island on 12th October for two weeks, we cant wait.

Regards

SKCI
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.