UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Crieff Hydro may be worth a look. They often have excellent short stay rates, you will find them under the Seasonal Breaks section of their website.

David :wave
Crieff Hydro immediately came to my mind too. It's in beautiful countryside in a lovely little town.
Cameron House Hotel at Loch Lomond may fit the bill. Lovely walks, Helensburgh a short distance away, shopping at Loch Lomond Shores. Slightly further away but within driving distance are Inverary and Oban and if wanting either shopping or culture Glasgow is not too far away.
I have to agree with the previous posters that Crieff is lovely too.
If you want real luxury, though expensive, google Hebridean Princess Cruises. Never been on one myself but when I worked in a business dealing with clients who were comfortably off, many said that they would never consider any other holiday.
Going to the opposite end of the country what about here http://www.burghisland.com/
Its off the South coast of Devon.
If they fancy a trip to Wales, most definitely the St Davids Hotel & Spa in Cardiff, or if they like the countryside the Clff Hoel in Gwbert Cardigan.
Try St Georges Hotel right on the sea front at LLandudno - fabulous

:tup
Why not try one of the many self-catering holiday cottage companies out there.

I can recommend the following"¦

Cottages4you - Lots of choice on this one

Welcome Cottages - Very good if you're taking your dog(s)

English Country Cottages - Fairly posh!

Cottages Direct - Good if you're on a tight budget

Hope this has been of help
SE England? Plenty around here to do from beautiful Rye, Battle where the 1066 Battle of Hastings took place etc?
And look at Herstmonceux (sp?) in Sussex too - lovely castle.
Thanks for the ideas everyone, it seems my dad has been thinking about Jersey as that's where they had their honeymoon and they've always wanted to go back. :cheers Only problem now, is my mum's put a spanner in the works by making holiday plans, and they can't afford to do both!!! :duh

Louise
Louise 225

What a coincedence as we had our honeymoon in St Helier Jersey too. We stayed in the Merton and loved it. Like your parents we have always wanted to go back and every year we say this is the year we are going back. I regularly look at prices for Jersey but find them a bit steep. We usually end up booking somewhere for 2 weeks for the same amount as a 4/5 day break to Jersey.

However it is still very much on my mind and I am always on the look out for a bargain so maybe someday!
Well its booked (at last!!) my dad's booked a week in Jersey in august - its cost a bit more than he'd planned, but as I've told him.... you can't take it with you, so enjoy it while you can!!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.
Louise
I would suggest maybe one of the log cabin parks, they have excellent accommodation and leisurely activities such as swimming pools. So you can do as much or little as you like.
We stayed at a lovely hotel in Lincolnshire to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary - De Vere Belton Woods. Its set on a golf course, has lovely restaurant etc and is family friendly too. We had a great break there and id highly recommend it.
another place to look at is Center Parcs - you can get a real luxury villa and do as much self catering as you want or eat out all the time and there are activities galore for the children.e
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.